Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

OnOne v Photoshop

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    churchill123
    21 Jan 2014 - 7:07 PM

Hi all

I use lightroom and elements but as I am doing more composites now I feel a need something a bit more. What are everyone's opinions on OnOne? I'm not sure if I want to tie into a monthly contract with photoshop.

All opinions appreciated
    Thanks
    Linda

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    21 Jan 2014 - 7:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown
    21 Jan 2014 - 7:38 PM

If you don't fancy the rental version, it's still possible to buy Photoshop CS6.

Personally, I'm a Photoshopper; I've never used onOne, so I can't comment although Photoshop is the industry standard for a reason.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 21 Jan 2014 - 7:41 PM
    NeilWigan
    NeilWigan e2 Member 4NeilWigan vcard England15 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Jan 2014 - 11:18 PM

before you buy into OnOne, make sure your computer can handle it ,I didn't and had to upgrade my comp at some cost , it wont do everything ps will but what it does it does very well and does some things that you would really struggle with in Ps.

Peter_G
    22 Jan 2014 - 12:41 AM

I've been using Perfect Photo Suite (PPS) from OnOne since version 6. I use it with Lightroom in my workflow. I also have Photoshop, but rarely will I venture into photoshop. I generally start in LR5, then move to PPS 8 to do the majority of editing. PPS is SO much easier to use than Photoshop but, as NeilWigan said, it won't do everything Photoshop will do (there's no liquify tool, as one example). But I find PPS8 to be a great tool. It's a great company, too. Free and unlimited tech support, free Webinars on the use of the tools, lots of videos, 'inspirational' videos. Download PPS 8 for a free trial from their website to try it out... That's what I did originally and I'm 3 versions in now and don't regret it one bit. There are professionals who use it, too (I'm not one of them, though).

churchill123
    22 Jan 2014 - 7:56 AM

Thanks all, I will download a trial at the weekend to see how I feel about it but for the price you certainly get a lot.

akh
    akh e2 Member 101142 forum postsakh vcard United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jan 2014 - 10:39 AM

I would encourage you to watch some of the excellent videos available to be able to appreciate just how good this software really is. Linky
    Tony

churchill123
    22 Jan 2014 - 1:49 PM

Thanks for the link, will take a lookSmile

churchill123
    22 Jan 2014 - 6:31 PM

I am running on windows 7 32bit and perfect photo suite is 64bit so looks like I may need to upgrade laptop

Jestertheclown
    22 Jan 2014 - 7:36 PM

Quote: I may need to upgrade laptop

Check to see whether (or not) your processor is 64-bit capable.
    If it is, then you'll only need to replace, ie. format and clean re-instal the operating system.
    Unless you'd prefer a new laptop, of course!

churchill123
    22 Jan 2014 - 8:12 PM

Thanks will check that first

StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014626 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jan 2014 - 9:55 PM

I have OnOne, and it's great fun to use. I got it for a special deal of $179.00 including a $50.00 tutorial video, but they have tonnes of free tutorials on their site and on youtube.

jemraid
    jemraid  941 forum posts England
    23 Jan 2014 - 8:48 PM

Hello Linda

If you are doing montages then Photoshop is the easiest and fastest, any version from 5 (1998) onwards will be fine for doing this.

Having said that Smile I use CS6, I like the Warp tool and the tabbed images, the hyped up Quick Selection Tool is mostly useless, the Pen tool remaining the best for cutting stuff out.

Here's a couple of pics;

Cobbled together to begin with
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/23sww75.jpg[/IMG]

And very nearly finished
    [IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/16k75sl.jpg[/IMG]

Cheers - Jim

jemraid
    jemraid  941 forum posts England
    23 Jan 2014 - 8:56 PM

Sorry about the above I was using IE (nuff sed)

Number one
    mach01.jpg

Almost finished
    mach02.jpg

There we are - Jim

churchill123
    24 Jan 2014 - 8:32 PM

Thanks JimSmile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.