Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Open to abuse?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Kris_Dutson
6 Sep 2007 - 1:57 PM

Hmmmm

Now remember, I love you all....

...and besides, I've got false number plates. Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Sep 2007 - 1:57 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Geoffphoto
6 Sep 2007 - 2:02 PM

I appear to have got away with it so far !!

Scary tho'..............Sad

Richardtyrrelllandscapes

Thank god my bike over 170mph or my plate could end up on there. lol.

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108378 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
6 Sep 2007 - 3:46 PM

I have a feeling that they may be in breech of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Serves em right for trying to do the job of the Police.
Smile

User_Removed
6 Sep 2007 - 3:51 PM

Quote: I have a feeling that they may be in breech of the Data Protection Act 1998.

Nope... DPA applies to information that can identify someone. A number plate alone can't do that. You can stick number plate details in on the DVLA website to get information on a motor, but nothing about it's owner.

Richardtyrrelllandscapes

Quote:

My thoughts also.
There has been a massive drop in traffic police officers over the last ten years. This is down to cut backs they say.
I say its down to greedy fat cats creaming the fines from mobile cameras and not wanting to pay wages for the people who really matter, the traffic police.

Not only do these officers have to contend with there own duties on the road, but they are expected to attend the run of the mill fight in night clubs, etc when they should be out doing what saves live.

I could go on for ever.

Last Modified By Richardtyrrelllandscapes at 6 Sep 2007 - 3:56 PM
dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108378 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
6 Sep 2007 - 4:12 PM

I thought there were restrictions on keeping information in a database and who could access it?
Perhaps I am thinking of something else.

I have noticed that besides the registration numbers, there are vehicle makes and models openly on show.
This is a great resource for anybody wishing to clone a car.

I can't be doing with all these vigilante types.
They should be concentrating on their own driving rather than trying to get someone's registration number.

Richardtyrrelllandscapes

Quote: I thought there were restrictions on keeping information in a database and who could access it?
Perhaps I am thinking of something else.

I have noticed that besides the registration numbers, there are vehicle makes and models openly on show.
This is a great resource for anybody wishing to clone a car.

I can't be doing with all these vigilante types.
They should be concentrating on their own driving rather than trying to get someone's registration number.

I've got to agree with you again there. Is it any wonder these folk are having so many near misses on the roads, when they drive looking at car plates instead of the road ahead.
Unless they have very good memories they must also be writting the details down as well.
Do as I say and not as I do, lol..

Richie.

Last Modified By Richardtyrrelllandscapes at 6 Sep 2007 - 4:30 PM
tepot
tepot  104416 forum posts United Kingdom
6 Sep 2007 - 4:37 PM

i see many company vehicles with signs on the backs saying 'hows my driving' then giving a phone # to call, presumably so people can call the # and report the person driving the vehicle for bad road behaviour, well i was behind one such vehicle a while back and i thought the driving was outstanding, the guy used his indicators and changed lanes safely and i was impressed so i called the # on the back of his lorry to say so, i don't know who i was talking to but they wanted my phone #, my address, and my full name...........i just hung up!

p3asa
p3asa  8676 forum posts Scotland
6 Sep 2007 - 4:42 PM

Quote: Nope... DPA applies to information that can identify someone. A number plate alone can't do that. You can stick number plate details in on the DVLA website to get information on a motor, but nothing about it's owner.

But if you pay the fee (used to be 5) you can get the present and all past owners details.

Badger
Badger  124736 forum posts United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
6 Sep 2007 - 4:58 PM

Driving home one evening along a duel carriageway, we witnessed a HGV swerving across lanes to block a car and generally driving dangerously. My partner at the time rang the number on the back of the trailer, gave al her details and those of the vehicle... only to be told that the company displaying it no longer took part in that scheme, as they had received too many complaints to deal with, and lost too many drivers!

I thought the idea was to get the bad drivers from behind the wheel of a 16 ton Artic!

User_Removed
6 Sep 2007 - 5:00 PM

LOL!! Seen the roadside sign for this site round the Maidenhead area.

I was pulled by the Police yesterday. They were behind me for around 8-odd miles and in that distance we encountered two 'Sunday Drivers'. Went past the first one and a couple of miles later, got caught behind a send one. Followed that for a mile and then had an opportunity to get past it. The Police car followed me again - then 'lit up' behind me around 2 miles further on.

Wound the window down and the first thing he said was 'that second overtaking move was excellent. My compliments on your driving. However, wasn't too impressed with the first one...' I said 'fair comment Officer' - and he sent me on my way!

Wonder if the first driver will report me?! LOL!!!

jaspernina
6 Sep 2007 - 5:22 PM

Now, what was the mother-in-laws registration number?

redsnappa
redsnappa  121923 forum posts United Kingdom
6 Sep 2007 - 6:29 PM

The police cannot use the details from that better driving website in court as there is no evidence to back it up so I wonder what do the website operators do with all the information that they gather?

Simon_Palmer
6 Sep 2007 - 8:48 PM

Just someone else making a silly website with the idea that they might be able to sell it later imo. Always the motorist, bout time peeps reported on REAL crimes.

Simon

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.