Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Opinions wanted

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314806 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
2 Feb 2013 - 10:00 PM

Fine for single shot, not so good for tracking Smile

Fine for macro, insects, that sort of thing.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
2 Feb 2013 - 10:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lawbert
lawbert  71684 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
2 Feb 2013 - 10:06 PM

Quote: Fine for single shot, not so good for tracking Smile

Fine for macro, insects, that sort of thing.

To be fair Paul Its Crap for macro as wellSad

Its never going to beat a dedicated macro lens on any dslrWink

Each to thier own I guessSmileSmile

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314806 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
2 Feb 2013 - 10:08 PM

I`m not big on macro Paul but from what I`ve read the new macro lens seems very good.

lawbert
lawbert  71684 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
2 Feb 2013 - 10:33 PM

Quote: I`m not big on macro Paul but from what I`ve read the new macro lens seems very good.

I have no doubt Paul that the Macro lens will be very good but its got to have a lot of development to even get near the results that Canon, Nikon, Tamron, Sigma have for Dlr,s....

I wont even start to talk about IS in macro lenses combined with a decent AF system in an slr to eradicate the need for a tripodSmile

Paul Morgan
2 Feb 2013 - 10:57 PM

I`m not really the right person to be talking about macro, last time I tried it was with film camera`s and using predictive focus half the time, and that was many years ago Smile

I never used modern Canon, Nikon or Olympus for serious macro, so i have no idea how good this is compared to anything else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vxR2j66iTI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB0dN5zmsBE

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85835 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
3 Feb 2013 - 7:43 PM

Quote: But its absolutely crap for Adrians style of photography?

..and no doubt many more toggers - if it was that simpleSad

Out of curiosity, how did those of you find switching from a crop sensor (1.6x), to full frame? - I do mean for wildlife, not other genres

I moved from 1.6x to 1.3x and didn't really notice any difference

Adrian

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85835 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2013 - 7:51 PM

Bump for a possible answer

Paul Morgan
6 Feb 2013 - 7:56 PM

I wouldn`t make any rash decisions just yet, there could be a replacement for the 7D on the way.

tomcat
6 Feb 2013 - 7:58 PM

Thanks Paul, but I am also looking for an answer to my penultimate comment

colin beeley
colin beeley e2 Member 111070 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2013 - 8:37 PM

do what i did i bought another 1d mk iii great camera you know it so why change !

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.