Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Originality

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

JohnParminter
16 Jun 2010 - 2:32 PM

Here is one image I find very original, simply because I have never thought of this concept myself before and therefore I suppose never seen this type before.

34303.jpg

Last Modified By JohnParminter at 16 Jun 2010 - 2:36 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Jun 2010 - 2:32 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014708 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2010 - 2:41 PM

it's not original to me John - for the same reasons as yours really, i've seen lots of mountain shots like this and they are pretty breath taking, but reasonably similar.

This is definitely a tricker thread to find photos for than the Cliche Amnesty Thread Wink

here's one I think was pretty original - 2 moden dance students doing some stuff for their finals, they got me along to photograph them doing their act. this wasn't part of it, the girl was putting the blind fold on the lad and I caught the moment.

I've never seen anything like this before really - blind folds, grey/black coats etc. Almost like a holocaust scene in a way.

18097-1179511378.jpg

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014002 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2010 - 2:51 PM

Wonder if my elephants eye tryptich counts as original ?
elephanteye.jpg

KevSB
KevSB  101403 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2010 - 2:52 PM

altho Origenality is very difficult to achive in the modern world of the internet where every image can be compared with something simular, when a member puts something totally different in a camera club that no one has seen. before...Is that origenal, To a degree yes..the pair of jean in the landscape comp recently, The picture of a pair of jeans isnt origenal, but used in the landscape comp took on a new meaning and much more origenal.

I photograph Big living history events, what am copying the past or the present. the event im taking the picture of is happening and is origenal as photography was not around during some periods I cover.

So define what is origenal

Anthony
Anthony  125645 forum posts Scotland17 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2010 - 2:57 PM

this was quite an interesting question Pete, I just spent some time going back through my portfolio, and could only find a handful of shots that I thought were original. Some food for thought there.....

1859-1216314225.jpg

this is a shadow my daughter spotted in Chester, and it looks like a dragon.

1859-1220724778.jpg

this was from last years visit by the giant spider, La Machine.

1859-1240171053.jpg

the geometry in this was what caught my eye.

1859-1264935429.jpg

I think this speaks for itself, ha ha

So what do you think, are these original?

Anthony

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014708 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2010 - 3:03 PM

Good selection there - though I've seen the "photo of the back of someones camera" shot before Anthony. It's good at weddings Wink

the pigeons shot is very cool and that dragon shot is bizzare - a bt like spotting shapes in clouds.

ok - here's a very familiar, almost cliche, location but taken from and angle I've not seen before - original or just another shot?

18097-1212345239.jpg

clicknimagine
16 Jun 2010 - 3:03 PM

here is the link of my pf as a submission, except a few general shots...

JohnParminter
16 Jun 2010 - 3:09 PM

Quote: So define what is origenal

Well for me Kev it is anything I see that appeals and resonates with my tastes but I haven't thought of the idea or concept of before, as in the car wash picture above. The concept or idea is new to me, I like it for it's story, humour and aesthetics so it is original to me.

@ Ade, no for me this isn't original, as mentioned above, I have seen the idea and concept of many images of buildings from differing angles, this one may be from an unusual angle and one that I won't have seen before but the idea is the same as many before.

Last Modified By JohnParminter at 16 Jun 2010 - 3:15 PM
Anthony
Anthony  125645 forum posts Scotland17 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2010 - 3:10 PM

Maybe thats where I got it from them, lol.

The dragon shadow, was completely genuine too. She just said to me, look dad, a dragon. And she was so right. The pigeon was luck, they were in and out of the bars every few seconds, I jsut waited.

Anthony

paulcr
paulcr  91536 forum posts Ireland9 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2010 - 3:17 PM

Originality is something I constantly strive for but cant always achieve. A couple of personal favourites of mine though are here

Here
And here
But they are all digital manipulations and not once off original shots, if you know what I mean.

Paul

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 16 Jun 2010 - 3:24 PM
paulcr
paulcr  91536 forum posts Ireland9 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2010 - 3:23 PM

Ok lets try that againHere

Here
Andhere

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 95956 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2010 - 3:25 PM

mmmm - shall have to take a look through my pics this evening and see if I can find something original - there must be something in there.

As for the heel/lemon combo - I did do a heel/cream doughnut combination once - it's buried someone on the ext. hard drive now.

Morpyre
Morpyre e2 Member 91622 forum postsMorpyre vcard Wales8 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2010 - 3:28 PM

i strive for originality in my creative visuals - i take 2 approaches - create a visual i have never seen done that comes directly from my mind (usually more artistic than standard photograph) or i do a popular subject but entirely in my own way rather than just being another page coming out of a photocopier doing nothing different at all from the clone source. i would say i havn't seen other photographs on epz galleries like my own but i won't because i don't want to appear smug or vane Grin

Last Modified By Morpyre at 16 Jun 2010 - 4:23 PM
JohnParminter
16 Jun 2010 - 3:30 PM

Quote: Well for me Kev it is anything I see that appeals and resonates with my tastes but I haven't thought of the idea or concept of before,

By my own definition of what I think constitutes originality for me, I will not be able to create anything original in my own eyes. I could however possibly create something original in other's eyes.

Originality is in the eye of the beholder then...

Smile

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012518 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2010 - 3:33 PM

OK I'll bite, see if you can find images similar ..

17804-11164.jpgOne

lrg-17804-1109669157.jpgTwo

lrg-53403-1130782842.jpgThree

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.