Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

OU T189 anyone tried this course?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Champagnecharlie

Hi all

I'm thinking of enrolling on this course has anyone on here done it before? It's a 10 week course (10 hours study per week suggested which should be just about manageable for me with a full time job too). Just looking for any opinions of it before I part with the cash.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    19 Apr 2012 - 11:03 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 64544 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Apr 2012 - 11:34 AM

Fab course. Really good tutorials, excellent forums where you can learn/chat, lots of exercises and projects. Can't recommend it highly enough. I made some good friends and we had meet-ups which continued well after the course finished. Wish I could do it again.
    Chris

missymoo29
    19 Apr 2012 - 12:24 PM

Hey, yes its a great course. I think theres quite a few ex-t189 ers on link removed sorry against site t&cs too

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 19 Apr 2012 - 12:27 PM
    cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 96098 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Apr 2012 - 12:29 PM

Hello Missymoo - good to see you here!

Lynx08
    Lynx08 e2 Member 61234 forum postsLynx08 vcard England
    19 Apr 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hi

I did the T189 a couple of yeatrs ago and really enjoyed it. I was new to the "theory" of photography and found I learned a lot. Working full time the course is still manageable.
    There are lots of tutorials etc on epz that I've found useful too. May be worthwhile having a look at them before you spend out on a course.

cheers
    Lyn

KenTaylor
    KenTaylor e2 Member 102983 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Apr 2012 - 2:04 PM

I see it jumps to 415 for the 1st October start

Champagnecharlie

OMG really? Yeah don't think I'll be paying that!! Was thinking of trying to start the next week one, should still be able to enrol. I think I'm going to go for it, will let you know how I get on.

I know I can use books, mags and online tutorials but I find the structure of having 'hand-ins' kind of keeps me motivated especially as I'm working. If it was just left to me, I wouldn't do it even though I'm keen to learn it's easier just to veg on the couch after work/dinner/dog walk!!

I have done an NQ Camera Techniques - quite enjoyed that and it was just a Saturday morning course with some photography through the week - probably about the same time commitment as the OU course.

Thanks for your input.

adrian_w
    adrian_w e2 Member 73373 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Apr 2012 - 4:02 PM

My wife finished the last course a few months ago. She got a lot out of it despite being an experienced photographer with film & slide. Learned a lot about the digital format & image manipulation as well as making a load of new friends in the chatrooms. The more you put in the more you will get out of it.

Champagnecharlie

Ok great am definitely going for it. Any tips on how to discipline myself to stick to 10 hours per week? Am thinking 5 hours at the weekend and 5 through the week after work?

adrian_w
    adrian_w e2 Member 73373 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Apr 2012 - 7:18 PM

If you actively participate in the chatrooms I think you'll find you spend more than hour a day there. apparently its a great place for discussion of images, tossing around ideas & social interaction. HRH used to spend most of her time there (So much so that I couldn't get on here to chat to these knowledgable peeps!).

Champagnecharlie

HRH lol!!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.