Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Out of date films

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 92978 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
3 Sep 2012 - 2:52 PM

Quote: Thanks for thinking of me Ken -- I have contacted the member !! Grin

No problem.
Good to see it being used.
The amount of film ending their days in a landfill site doesn't bear thinking about, such a waste.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Sep 2012 - 2:52 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pablophotographer

Pity, Pete seen it first, lol

Enjoy them Pete, very kind gesture of you Lulu!

pentaxpete
17 Sep 2012 - 12:05 PM

Yes, I have tested a 2010 one -- it;s about 125 ASA instead of 200 ASA due to the age and storage - they are now safely in a freezer !

AndreaJ
AndreaJ  1 United Kingdom
19 Sep 2012 - 5:27 PM

Sorry to butt in etc....but what about film that has been used and a year or 2 old but not processed, is it worth paying to get them processed??
I can't even remember what they are of now!

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 92978 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
19 Sep 2012 - 6:40 PM

Quote: is it worth paying to get them processed??

If you cant remember what they are of then maybe not, There will be that element of doubt only cured by handing it in to a lab. The results are in the lap of the gods but you may be lucky.

pentaxpete
20 Sep 2012 - 2:58 PM

Why do people leave it so long before they get film processed ? The 'Latent Image' will probably have 'regressed' so they will look as though they have been under=exposed and there will be a Magenta colour cast ( if Colour Film ) B&W films will also give 'thin' negatives and low in contrast .

SteveCharles
21 Sep 2012 - 10:31 AM

Some high profile photographers have been known to not process film for months, a year or more in order to be able to approach the images with complete objectivity and without the emotion of shooting the scenes clouding their judgement when editing.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014125 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
21 Sep 2012 - 10:35 AM

Quote: Why do people leave it so long before they get film processed ?

That was why I never got on with film, would take the film out & forget to get it processed..it was such a faff.
I would end up taking 2 or 3 years worth to get developed in one go.

Quote: Sorry to butt in etc....but what about film that has been used and a year or 2 old but not processed, is it worth paying to get them processed??
I can't even remember what they are of now!

Might be. I found a film in a drawer once - turned out to be my wedding & honeymoon shots.

pentaxpete
23 Sep 2012 - 9:32 PM

Just finished a cassette of outdated ILFORD Delta 100 I had my in little MINOX 35 GT doing some 'Street Candids' and 15 minutes later had it hanging up to dry in the bathroom -- no probs !

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.