Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

outlets to sell your work

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    martyn_b
    martyn_b  81 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Apr 2011 - 5:46 PM

exhibiting in a gallery can prove expensive,especially if you dont sell anything, here in Nottingham we are organizing a series of shows to promote the little guy,its not just about photography as art but also paintings drawings etc, in fact anything 2D.
    We are calling it Art on the Square, a lot of stuff happens in Nottingham and this is just a small part of the idea to make Notts a hub for artistic talent and to promote our city as place for culture, recently we had the Light night and late last year we had the night of festivals,
    any thoughts comments appreciated ,cheers martyn

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Apr 2011 - 5:46 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Lynx08
    Lynx08 e2 Member 61209 forum postsLynx08 vcard England
    2 Apr 2011 - 5:56 PM

I live near Wokingham and they have a "More Arts" cultural partnership which has a website so have a look at that and you might see something that helps. I don't know how successful it really is but they use an empty shop unit in the town for arts of all kinds to display and sell their work. I found out about it last year when a photograher who I did some training with was displaying her work for a week or two. There was pottery, jewellery, fabrics and watercolour artists there too. Each one had a little part of the shop unit and I think the public appreciate that they were selling things too as it is always nice to buy something different rather than the same old stuff all the shops in town sell.

good luck.
    Lyn

martyn_b
    2 Apr 2011 - 6:13 PM

hi Lyn that sounds like a good idea, have you a link to the website ? originally we wanted a pop up (empty shop) but here it proved very difficult to sort one out, you get tossed between owner and council,
    when we do a local paper promo we will mention that its a chance to own something unique, also the artist has to be there on the day so its a chance to meet the artist (unlike buying a mass produced print from ikea).cheers martyn

Lynx08
    2 Apr 2011 - 6:57 PM

Hi MArtyn,

Here's the link, hope it gives some ideas. arts..
    Lyn

martyn_b
    2 Apr 2011 - 9:08 PM

hi Lyn its a very informative site, i have just checked our whats on city council site and they havent even got our exhibition on it,i wouldnt mind but they are behind the whole idea, we have put flyers on some sites that promote local art,cheers martyn

Mackem
    Mackem  5 England
    4 Apr 2011 - 11:07 AM

Hi Lyn
    I live in Wokingham and wasn't aware of the More Arts website. Many thanks for the link....
    All the best

Lynx08
    4 Apr 2011 - 7:07 PM

Hi Mackem,

Glad to be of help. Let me know if you get anywhere with it, I've not thought of doing anything with my images it was a friend who had some space with them.

cheers
    Lyn

martyn_b
    9 Apr 2011 - 2:57 PM

well i contacted our council and they still havent put anything up about this event, we did a local radio slot and a feature in the local rag to promote it, i also put it in the exhibition page on Ephotozine but it didnt go inSad.we still have stalls left for the first show on qpril 17th, personally i would jump at the chance to sell/promote myself on the cheap, an exhibition would cost me £350+ for a week, cheers martyn

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.