Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Outside Concert

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Anthony
Anthony  135645 forum posts Scotland17 Constructive Critique Points
24 Feb 2009 - 6:54 PM

Thanks Crofter. My request was asking permission to bring my slr with a standard kit lens on, to take images for personal use only, and with no commercial intentions. I have no problem with not allowing "pro" gear at an event, I have no problem with the rules. But, I would like the chance to be able to take a decent photograph while there, for me. We have all spent a lot of money on equipment, and when we agree to play by the rules, why can we not be given some leeway?

Appreciate the thoughts though, so thanks everyone.

Anthony

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Feb 2009 - 6:54 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

_
_  9535 forum posts Virgin Islands, British4 Constructive Critique Points
24 Feb 2009 - 7:13 PM

Quote: why can we not be given some leeway?

Simply because there are now too many ppl around who would sell the pics. Security have been told that compact types are allowable and anything else is regarded as crossing the line.

Time was when no bugger would buy photos from anyone w/o credentials, now the object is to get them as cheap as possible from anyone who has taken them.

Times we live in I suppose.

John

Anthony
24 Feb 2009 - 7:59 PM

I know what you mean John, I really do understand the issue, I dont have a problem with the rules. Just wish it wasnt that way.

Anthony

Anthony
15 Jun 2009 - 12:40 AM

Update - well the concert was absolutely amazing. Katherine is wonderul in real life, and tonight has cemented my appreciation of her even more.

As for the camera's, they were everywhere. Big ones, little ones, and everything in between.

I did manage to easily take my camera in, it was in a bag, and was inspected on the way in, no one said anything. typical. I only put the 50mm lens though, to keep the size down. Wish I had brought all my lenses, lol

So, with regard to photography, they didnt seem to bat an eyelid. Doesnt guarantee it will be the same every time, but Im going to use it as benchmark at least.

Thanks for everyones advice, thought it would only be polite to update you all.

P.s. Some images to follow, but not tonight.

Night all

Anthony

User_Removed
15 Jun 2009 - 5:24 AM

Hi Anthony

Glad you had a great time. She is both a wonderful singer and an incredibly nice person too. We have been lucky enough to have been photographing her in a professional capacity for some years now (a few photos if you are interested) and she never fails to deliver and is always so obliging to both us and her thousands of fans.

After all these years and countless concerts, I still can't work out where that voice comes from Smile During set up and sound check, this slim pretty young lady walks on stage casually picks up the mike and suddenly the voice knocks your socks off

Great stuff - hope the weather behaved itself Smile

Anthony
15 Jun 2009 - 8:58 AM

Barrie, you hit the nail on the head, she seems to be, and I have no doubt she is a wonderful person, and the voice is simply stunning.

Weather, was nice for the first half, then the heavens opened up, we got a proper soaking, lol. It was well worth it though.

Thanks again.

Anthony

Anthony
15 Jun 2009 - 8:59 AM

p.s. fabulous pics, if you need another tog to go shoot her, let me know, ha ha

Anthony

Goggz
Goggz  72301 forum posts Wales72 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jun 2009 - 10:54 PM

Glad you had a good time Anthony, justr hoping you don;'t get the flu Wink

Anthony
15 Jun 2009 - 11:19 PM

no chance, but if i do, the entire audience at top gear will get in on wednesday when i get there, ha ha

Anthony

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.