Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Overseas assignments

goldeneye e2
12 20 United Kingdom
29 Jul 2013 4:29PM
Hi everyone, I am posting this question and hope I will receive some helpful tips and advice.
I am a professional event/portrait photographer and would like to receive some photo assignments abroad and I wonder if anyone can provide some suggestions?
Thanks for any replies.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gundog e2
1 624 Scotland
29 Jul 2013 8:00PM
I suspect that most potential commissioners of overseas work will only use a British photographer if he/she has a reputation that puts him/her a fairly long way ahead of any photographer resident in the country they want pictures from. Simple economics I fear.

Perhaps if you were planning a holiday abroad, you could approach potential commissioners of photographs on the basis that they would not have to contribute towards travel costs.
JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
30 Jul 2013 12:45PM
You could also organise events yourself if you can find patrons to fund it.
Or write to editors abroad etc, but what would make them want particularly you?
collywobles e2
10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
1 Aug 2013 12:23PM
You could always go shoot a war................. !
KevSB
10 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
1 Aug 2013 2:25PM
Contact a publisher with an idea for a book. I know of a few who find some angle, like one photographer I met did a book on disappearing American diners

Being replaced now by the muti national burger joints , the classic diners were all unique. Obvously finding the subject that sells s more important than what you enjoy doing.
779HOB
2 1.1k United Kingdom
1 Aug 2013 11:42PM
When you say photo assignments what do you mean? Do you want to cover events and shoot portraits overseas or something more along the lines of a news type assignment?
goldeneye e2
12 20 United Kingdom
29 Aug 2013 5:05PM
Many thanks for all the comments.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.