Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

P7700 Preview

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    LenShepherd
    LenShepherd e2 Member 62435 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
    14 Oct 2012 - 8:02 PM

I looked at this new compact at Digital Splash as I am interested in a decent compact capable of macro.
    With the sort of controls a Nikon DSLR user would expect, several AF options, tripod thread, shooting 12 MP NEF and even a filter ring for a pol (odd ball 42.8mm thread) it has a lot going for it for what I am looking for.
    Close up I found disappointing for me. While it can cover a subject about 0.75 inches wide in macro mode this is only at the wide zoom setting with a distance of about half an inch from lens front element to subject.
    At the tele zoom setting for convenient working distance it did not go closer than about a 3 inch wide subject.
    I liked it a lot - but will have to think about it's close up ability.
    In theory it was available at a discount - but none had arrived in time for the show.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Oct 2012 - 8:02 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    14 Oct 2012 - 9:26 PM

I got my wife a P7100 last year and she has been taking great photographs with it. The P7700 looks like a decent upgrade - especially in the lens department.

Amazon.co.uk have them in stock for immediate delivery but no discount yet - they are quoting 466.25 post free.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 14 Oct 2012 - 9:27 PM
    LenShepherd
    14 Oct 2012 - 9:47 PM

The Digital Splash price - if they had any to sell - was less than Amazon.

LenShepherd
    24 Oct 2012 - 3:00 PM

On price Mathers list it at 425 but when I rang they said they did not normally stock it.
    Got one from WEX at 459 with free postage.
    The filter thread turns out to be 40.5 so I got a step up to 52mm from Premier. I have a 52-62 and my Nikon 62mm 6T works fine with reasonable working distance at the tele zoom setting - which was a major need for me.
    I can also use my 62mm pol.
    The instructions mention an optional hood which takes 58mm filters.
    A disappointment is although it shoots RAW they are NRW which have to be converted to jpeg for processing in most software including Capture.
    A bigger disappoinment is my wife thinks it is easy to use - I am having trouble getting it back Sad

LenShepherd
    4 Nov 2012 - 4:16 PM

Quote:
    A disappointment is although it shoots RAW they are NRW which have to be converted to jpeg for processing in most software including Capture.

CLARIFICATION
    Although page 10 of the still image section says this, the just out latest version of Capture NX2 handles the NRW files perfectly as RAW files.
    You might have to then save in Capture as a tiff to open in other software.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.