Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Painswick Rococo Gardens

JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
31 Dec 2007 5:34PM
Has anyone visited during their "Snowdrop Season" ?
I believe it is quite spectacular and well worth a visit.

I have visited once before, in the summer, but that was on an arranged photography seminar so tripods etc. were OK but any experiences from anyone regarding this for general public access.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
31 Dec 2007 9:49PM
Nope. When I lived in Stroud I went there once in the rain and found it closed.....

Do you think it's somewhere kids would like ?
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
31 Dec 2007 10:13PM
I've never visited during Snowdrop season but do go fairly regularly throughout the spring and summer. It's always a good place to visit with a good variety of interest - woody bits, flowery bits, follies and plenty of room for everyone - I dare say you've seen this on the website though.

I even came across a deer once there - that was a bit of a bonus!

I'll certainly be going back in 2008 - not only are there the Rococco Gardens but Painswick down the road with the churchyard full of yew trees.
Hoffy e2
10 257 16 England
1 Jan 2008 9:44PM
It is very good for snow drops, but then you have the big problem. to many people.
You need to get there very early.
Glostopcat e2
8 247 2 England
10 Jan 2008 5:57PM
The best time to see the snowdrops is around mid February time. The garden is open from today onwards. You can however see some snowdrops in that area for free and get some reasonable shots of them, as there are lots growing on the banks at the side of the A46 between Pitchcombe and Stroud.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.