Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Paintshop Pro X4

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ckristoff
    ckristoff  9936 forum posts Wales
    28 Mar 2012 - 11:16 AM

Hello Friends,

I'm attempting to make use of my recent purchase. I've only managed a few image tweakings so far. When I attempt to print a photo, it all seems strange to me. I have a Canon i9950 printer. On CS, I'm able to access the full menu of my printer. In X4, I only seem to have a limited selection of options for the i9950. I find this odd.

On CS, I can access a printer profile for my A4 Fotospeed paper, with good results. The other day, while printing snapshots, I came across a printer profile produced by my Spyder 3 software, which again produces ecceptable results.

My question is, how do I arrange within X4, to access the same full menu range for the i9950, as I'm able to with CS? Do I have tell X4, what my printer is, or to manually enter any printer profiles I need; and how would I do this?

Second question - my 7D is set to Adobe RGB, but it seems X4 only seems to use sRGB, can it be changed for Adobe RGB? Or should I simply set my 7D to sRGB and be done with it? I ain't a pro, so it ain't too important.

Frank.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    28 Mar 2012 - 11:16 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Mar 2012 - 1:44 PM

Hi Frank,

I think you will find the colour management in PSPx4 allows you to use whatever colour space you like, Be that Adobe RGB or sRGB.

Go to File, In the drop down select Colour Management, The pop out should give you an option for " Colour Working Space " , Give that a click.

Here it should show you the computer's display icc, Under that a drop down to choose the working colour space, So set that to Adobe RGB.

Next make sure the " Radio Dot " for the option to use embedded profiles, Is active, This means that an image converted to lets say sRGB will be displayed in that colour space.

If the image has an embedded Adobe RGB profile, Then PSP X4 will work to that profile......Grin

Its similar to other image software's, Just needs reading in Corels translation.....LOL....Smile

Regarding the printer profiles, Make sure your using the latest driver files from Canon, PSPx4 should offer the same options as PS or PSE, Just looks different.

Vince

Last Modified By cameracat at 28 Mar 2012 - 1:45 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    ckristoff
    ckristoff  9936 forum posts Wales
    28 Mar 2012 - 9:37 PM

Hello Vince,

thank you so much for your kind reply - I really do appreciate it.

You have to understand, that I'm simply 'not with it' when it comes to using software. It will take me some time to get used to things. I think PSPx4 is a really good programme; I just need to be a little more adventurous I suppose. But when I'm in idiot mode, I can always rely on the help of my EPZ friends!Smile

FRank.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.