Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Get on1's Perfect Effects 9.5 for FREE! (£48 value)

Paintshop Pro X4 query

ckristoff 10 959 Wales
14 Aug 2012 7:50PM
Hello Friends,

can you help me please?

How on earth do I resize an image in PSP, in order to allow me to upload a photo into my EPZ portfolio?

I can set the resolution at 72 pixels and set the image size to 600 or 700 wide, but I'm afraid I don't know how to figure out how to enable my image to be at the recommended
70k - 100k file size.

I know how to do all this in phtoshop CS, the first edition, but the software is so old it's developed a fault " cannot save for web ".

If PSP has a similar function, I'd be very grateful if someone could help an old geezer such as I. Smile

Many thanks, Frank.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rayme330 Plus
3 16 1 United Kingdom
14 Aug 2012 8:12PM
I have noticed that if you 'forget' to resize before uploading to the site, EPZ automatically resizes it before opening it on the gallery.Wink
cattyal Plus
10 6.8k 6 England
14 Aug 2012 8:16PM
Here you go.......

8-image2.jpg

2-image3.jpg

ckristoff 10 959 Wales
14 Aug 2012 8:18PM
Rayme330,

thank you so much for your reply.

Is there anything EPZ can't do?Grin

Frank.
ckristoff 10 959 Wales
14 Aug 2012 8:21PM
Hello Cattyal,

thank you for your superb reply.

As far as software is concerned, and photo enhancing in particular, I'm really useless at this sort of stuff.

I aim to learn as much as I can - if my brain is in 'helpful' mode!Smile

Frank.
snapbandit 11 2.2k 3 Northern Ireland
14 Aug 2012 8:24PM
after resizing to the recommended pix size 600 pix longest side (or 1000pix longest side E2)

press the [ F12 ] key for 'save as', then at the bottom of the popup click on the [Options] button

on the next window which opens click on the [Run Optimiser] button.

this will give you a 'Compressed' filesize which will change as you adjust the 'Compression Value'

HTH

Joe B

[ EDIT ...... Rats.... too slow at the old typing again!! Sad ]
cattyal Plus
10 6.8k 6 England
14 Aug 2012 8:25PM
You're welcome Frank - I figured pictures were somewhat easier than trying to explain Smile

It'll all sink in eventually - lots of trial and error and you'll get there in the end!
ckristoff 10 959 Wales
14 Aug 2012 9:27PM
snapbandit,

thank you for your help in this matter. I'll have to print off this thread, then it might sink in.

Cattyal,

once again thank you. I really DO want to understand how to enhance my images. My family believe I can sell my photos as is. I know that I can't - they need some polishing up, that is all I require.

Trial and error is what I'm usually afraid of, but I must knuckle down, with the wonderful help of my EPZ friends.

I've just uploaded my first photo for many, many months!

Frank.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.