Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Paintshop Pro X4 query

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ckristoff
    ckristoff  10938 forum posts Wales
    14 Aug 2012 - 7:50 PM

Hello Friends,

can you help me please?

How on earth do I resize an image in PSP, in order to allow me to upload a photo into my EPZ portfolio?

I can set the resolution at 72 pixels and set the image size to 600 or 700 wide, but I'm afraid I don't know how to figure out how to enable my image to be at the recommended
    70k - 100k file size.

I know how to do all this in phtoshop CS, the first edition, but the software is so old it's developed a fault " cannot save for web ".

If PSP has a similar function, I'd be very grateful if someone could help an old geezer such as I. Smile

Many thanks, Frank.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Aug 2012 - 7:50 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rayme330
    rayme330 e2 Member 2rayme330 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Aug 2012 - 8:12 PM

I have noticed that if you 'forget' to resize before uploading to the site, EPZ automatically resizes it before opening it on the gallery.Wink

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 96057 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Aug 2012 - 8:16 PM

Here you go.......

8-image2.jpg

2-image3.jpg

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    ckristoff
    14 Aug 2012 - 8:18 PM

Rayme330,

thank you so much for your reply.

Is there anything EPZ can't do?Grin

Frank.

ckristoff
    14 Aug 2012 - 8:21 PM

Hello Cattyal,

thank you for your superb reply.

As far as software is concerned, and photo enhancing in particular, I'm really useless at this sort of stuff.

I aim to learn as much as I can - if my brain is in 'helpful' mode!Smile

Frank.

snapbandit
    snapbandit  102205 forum posts Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Aug 2012 - 8:24 PM

after resizing to the recommended pix size 600 pix longest side (or 1000pix longest side E2)

press the [ F12 ] key for 'save as', then at the bottom of the popup click on the [Options] button

on the next window which opens click on the [Run Optimiser] button.

this will give you a 'Compressed' filesize which will change as you adjust the 'Compression Value'

HTH

Joe B

[ EDIT ...... Rats.... too slow at the old typing again!! Sad ]

Last Modified By snapbandit at 14 Aug 2012 - 8:26 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 96057 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Aug 2012 - 8:25 PM

You're welcome Frank - I figured pictures were somewhat easier than trying to explain Smile

It'll all sink in eventually - lots of trial and error and you'll get there in the end!

ckristoff
    14 Aug 2012 - 9:27 PM

snapbandit,

thank you for your help in this matter. I'll have to print off this thread, then it might sink in.

Cattyal,

once again thank you. I really DO want to understand how to enhance my images. My family believe I can sell my photos as is. I know that I can't - they need some polishing up, that is all I require.

Trial and error is what I'm usually afraid of, but I must knuckle down, with the wonderful help of my EPZ friends.

I've just uploaded my first photo for many, many months!

Frank.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.