Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Panamoz - Any Good?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    XxPaulxX
    XxPaulxX  8256 forum posts England
    19 Dec 2013 - 4:04 PM

Hi Guys! I'm looking at buying a Canon 5d markiii and these seem to have the 2nd cheapest price on the net. Value Basket was cheaper, but I've seen a bunch of bad reviews about them, whereas Panamoz seems to have many positive reviews. Still thought I'd ask here first though!

Are they a good, reliable supplier and is it safe to do the bank transfer thing or worth paying the extra for a credit card payment? All help appreciated, thanks!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    19 Dec 2013 - 4:04 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Dec 2013 - 4:07 PM

I think they are from Hong Kong?
    I have just checked their Contact Us page. There is no address, no phone number, just an online form. I would never deal with any company without such information alone.

ChrisV
    ChrisV  7768 forum posts United Kingdom26 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Dec 2013 - 4:18 PM

I can only say I've used them [for something quite expensive] and was impressed with the service. They provide a tracking number that allows you to follow your equipment every step of the way from Hong Kong through Kowloon Harbour, Dubai, Koln and eventually the UK [that was the route mine took]. I ordered Monday and received Thursday of the same week.

You are of course buying a grey import although you can register your product and they provide a 2 year warranty. I don't know how good or otherwise that is, because thankfully nothing's gone wrong. Sometimes it's only when things do go wrong that you really find things out about a company. I paid by BACS tranfer too.

All I can say is that it isn't a scam and I plan to use them again - although you are taking a risk, it's just the obvious ones - and not something you're throwing money away at.

capto
    capto e2 Member 21067 forum postscapto vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Dec 2013 - 7:38 PM

I have used Panamoz and had no problems. BUT be aware that they do not do an accurate customs declaration, to dodge the vat. My camera was declared as low value toy accessories. I received it in a few days, no problem. I have since ordered a compact camera from another Hong Kong company which was delivered today after being held by customs for 7 weeks. I have paid the vat and hope to be refunded. You take the gamble and hope for the best. I will not be repeating this again.

puertouk
    puertouk  21065 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Dec 2013 - 11:29 AM

I purchased a Sekonic light meter and had no problems. I had to pay IGIC (VAT) when it arrived, but true to their word, they reimbursed me the money right away. They are based in the UK, but have someone out in Hong Kong to send the orders.

XxPaulxX
    XxPaulxX  8256 forum posts England
    21 Dec 2013 - 7:16 AM

Thanks guys! At several hundred pounds less than most places, I think I'll give them a try, unless there's any Jan sales deals that come up just after Xmas.

Merry Christmas Smile

mjwman
    mjwman  528 forum posts United Kingdom
    29 Dec 2013 - 10:14 PM

I have just bought a Nikon D7100 from them and have no problems at all.
    It arrived quickly and I tracked it.

As people say. It is only when you need warranty service do you really find out about a company but so far so good with Panamoz.

ballbag
    ballbag  1 England
    29 Dec 2013 - 11:10 PM

Have a look at hdew site,grey imports,but uk based,you also get a 3 year warranty and can collect from there shop if you want,5dmk3 body 1849, plus free memery card.

chrisheathcote
    chrisheathcote e2 Member 8241 forum postschrisheathcote vcard United Kingdom
    30 Dec 2013 - 12:11 AM

Firstly as to Panamoz, I have used them twice now first for a 60D and second for a Tamron 70-200 VC, and on both occasions their service has been excellent and would be happy to use them again if the price warranted it and this brings me to my second point, price. Currently the 5D3 is available circa 18/1900 as a grey import, something I was considering until checking UK prices. I have just ordered a 5D3 with Canon grip and LR5/PSE bundle for 2299. So all things considered the body is costing 1870. (Based on 249 for the grip and 180 for the software) and this is for a UK supplied body carrying manufacturers warranty (which Panamoz or HDEW purchases doesn't) and this is before you take into account all the other aspects of Grey Imports. In a lot of cases now the savings are not as big as they used to.
    I have also heard from a reliable source that Canon UK along with other Manufacturers are starting to refuse to repair grey imports

GandalftheGrey

I have used Panamoz on a couple of occasions the latest when I bought a Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS USM lens for over 600 less than is available through the usual UK channels. Apart from the price their service was excellent. Their site says delivery in 3-6 business days, after three days I had a courier tracking number but there was no up to date tracking information, then I received an unsolicited email apologising for the delay due to stock outages and offering a 10 refund for the inconvenience. Within a few hours the refund was in my bank account and the lens was winging its way to me from Hong Kong which I received 1 week after placing my initial order. How many UK companies will give you a monetary consideration because the item was out of stock for a couple of days? Their service was really impeccable, prices unbeatable and email responses second to none. I cannot fault their service, products or prices, where they guarantee there will be no extra VAT or import duties to be paid and if these are demanded by the delivering courier they will be refunded. This is a result of perhaps a less than truthful customs' declaration, but I figure this is their concern, not mine, as I as a customer am not responsible for the declaration made by the shipper. BUT there may be a knock on effect regarding warranty but Panamoz give a free 3 year warranty with the lenses they supply and I have no reason in view of their excellent sales service that this would not be honoured providing they do not go bust. I will certainly use them again.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.