Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Panamoz

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    puertouk
    puertouk  31081 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Nov 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hi everyone, has anyone come across a company called Panamoz? There prices seem very low compared to others and they say all taxes and duties are paid.
    Stephen

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Nov 2012 - 12:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Nov 2012 - 12:41 PM

From Hong Kong.
    A lot of people on another website used them and gave good comments.

John_N2008
    12 Nov 2012 - 2:28 PM

They're safe - they do kill second hand market prices though!

shagnasty
    shagnasty  7
    12 Nov 2012 - 4:39 PM

Hi Stephen,

The usual cautions should apply. If it appears too good to be true, then it probably is.
    From what I see on other forums these products come from Hong Kong, are classed as Grey Imports and have resultant warranty restrictions. In other words the goods have to be returned to Hong Kong in the event of a warranty claim. The value of "this bargain" then becomes negligible or a further cost. Generally if the goods are not of UK supply, the camera companies will not and cannot assist, other than offer paid for repair work.

Do your own further research before reaching a decision and taking a step that you then fully understand.

Hope that these thoughts help

Rgds Pat

widtink
    widtink  2406 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Nov 2012 - 5:20 PM

Hi Stephen i bought a camera from a similar place (value basket) and got a very good deal , Stephen is right they are Grey imports but its a matter of whats right for you. If its any benefit i would use the company again.

Rod

Mike_Smith
    Mike_Smith e2 Member 7131 forum postsMike_Smith vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Nov 2012 - 6:44 PM

Both my uncle and cousin have recently bought macro lenses from them, very straight forward transaction with no problems. But they are obviously grey imports i wouldnt know how good the service would be if you had a fault within the guarantee period.

chrisheathcote
    chrisheathcote e2 Member 8241 forum postschrisheathcote vcard United Kingdom
    12 Nov 2012 - 6:48 PM

I used them to buy a 60d because they were about 350 cheaper. Excellent delivery and communication. As other say though they are grey imports, so I don't know how you would go on with warranty, but for me I bought the replacement cover (about 8) so that if anything does go wrong they will just send me a new camera.

chrisheathcote
    12 Nov 2012 - 6:49 PM

Just to add, all taxes and duties are paid. According to their site, if you do have to pay anything they will refund you.

puertouk
    puertouk  31081 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Nov 2012 - 10:58 PM

Thanks for all the feedback. I know that its a HK company, but I just wanted to know if they were OK to deal with, which appears, they are. Once again, many thanks
    Stephen

chrisheathcote
    12 Nov 2012 - 11:02 PM

Enjoy your purchase

widtink
    widtink  2406 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Nov 2012 - 11:20 PM

we are all shareholders Wink

Rod

RCM
    RCM  2
    12 Nov 2012 - 11:40 PM

Have used them myself several times now & have been v happy with the prices & service provided.

More to the point, I recently bought a 7D which developed an "error 40" (battery / electrical connection issue I believe). Panic. Emailed them & got v quick reply. Just had to post locally to an address in London not HK, and my shipping costs were refunded in any case.

Brand new replacement was delivered to my door within the week. Can't say fairer than that really.

(I had taken out the extra warranty cost of 10 or something though not sure if this made the difference or not in reality)

Having paid full whack for another camera from Jacobs - for the piece of mind & after sales service - shortly before they belly up, I know where I'll be directing my future purchases personally...

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.