Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Panasonic 20mm f1.7 lens for M4/3

User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
4 Jun 2012 7:18PM
I read it on the same site that PM got this fact from Grin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MeanGreeny 9 3.7k England
4 Jun 2012 9:23PM

Quote:Many street shooters are unhappy with the overall performance of the M43 system and have gone back to previous cameras

I haven't.

Do you mean sensor performance, image quality, camera handling, speed of focussing, the available lens choices or the M43 system itself ?

or have you just heard a couple of non-specific instances and decided to chip in ?
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
5 Jun 2012 12:19AM
Just decided to chip in. Someone claimed "Many street shooters on looking on CSC as the poor mans M9, they then go and fit them with there leica lenses" then couldn't or wouldn't back it up so I thought I'd have a go with "Many street shooters are unhappy with the overall performance of the M43 system and have gone back to previous cameras" to illustrate that unverified 'facts' are a bit stupid really.
Carabosse e2
11 39.5k 269 England
5 Jun 2012 12:59AM
Robin Wong seems pretty happy with this M4/3 for street shooting - vid .

I think the tilt screen, which I've already found very useful, could be useful too for street work. Although, TBH, I suspect the most discreet street shooting device would be a decent camera phone! Wink
MeanGreeny 9 3.7k England
5 Jun 2012 9:30AM
The most discreet street shooting tool I've used is my Ricoh. The snap focus mode ensures that all from about 4ft to infinity is in focus at f/2.8. No 'on' lights, no 'review' on the display after the shot and absolutely no shutter noise.

With my GF-1 in manual focus mode [14mm pancake] and the hyperfocal distance set for f/4 all is in focus from 5ft to infinity.
Carabosse e2
11 39.5k 269 England
5 Jun 2012 12:46PM

Quote:No 'on' lights

I've actually put a bit of black tape over the LEDs which are around the lens of my camera phone! Grin But, really I would prefer my Canon Ixus for candid work.... it's even smaller than my phone, albeit a bit thicker.

I'm may try a bit of street shooting with the OM-D/Panny 20mm combo though, using the tilt screen. It's a genre I've not really explored, so my own expectations are low. Lol! Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.