Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Panasonic battery charger

Geri 8 7
16 Jul 2012 4:13PM
My Panasonic battery charger Model DE-A59B has to be used with a travel adapter having uk's 13a 3pin out.
The adapter's inputs have four 'holes' appearing to take various plugs. The charger has flip-up plug of two flat 'pins', and plugs into the adapter. For me to use the charger where mains sockets are not our 13a 3pin, I would need a different adapter. Or does anyone know if these two flat pins fit another European mains socket ? That is without the adapter. Searched the internet and got nowhere with the problem. Or where to buy an adapter taking the chargers pins and for use in another country ? Geri.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sabreur 9 767 England
16 Jul 2012 4:28PM
Two flat pins about half an inch apart is a standard US plug. (Standard European is two round pins, and Aus/NZ two flat pins at an angle).

The easiest solution may be a travel adapter which allows a UK plug to be used in a different socket, keeping the charger and existing adapter together. These are widely available.
Geri 8 7
20 Jul 2012 10:33AM
Thanks for helpful remarks, Sabreur. I've not been abroad with a digital camera. As you say an adapter a good solution. The charger is fine, two pins fold down and it's compact. But then has to have an adapter...and one for that ! Geri.
Sabreur 9 767 England
20 Jul 2012 12:47PM
I don't know what else you might be taking, but the same adapter will work for your mobile charger, laptop, hairdryer etc.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.