Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

panasonic dmc-fz100 preview problem after upgrade

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mjojom
    mjojom  2
    12 Jan 2012 - 4:11 PM

Hi Guys,
    I am new here and deciding whether to send my camera for repairs. Before xmas I downloaded and upgraded firmware to 1.2. right after I got problem with previewing the pictures.
    When preview button pressed I only got black screen. Ive tested to change picture resolution format, nothing works. camera was rebooted to factory settings still no vial. I have tested 2 different SD cards, formated them with SD formatter, nothing. However, pictures can be downloaded of the SD card to PC just fine.
    Can someone help please? Is there way to overwrite and downgrade or reload same firmware?
    thank you

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Jan 2012 - 4:11 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Jan 2012 - 4:23 PM

Hi Jo, welcome to ePhotozine.

When you were running the update did you see any errors or did the camera power off before the update finished?

A quick Google revealed your post here as the only one talking about problems after the update, so it doesn't look like a general thing. However the fact that the problem only appeared after the update leads me to say don't take it in for repair just yet.

If you can find a copy of the previous version of firmware on the web you should be able to apply that to your camera in the same way as you have done the update. Sometimes manufacturers will prevent you going back, but hopefully the update will tell you that you are on a newer version and ask if you want to update with the older one.

Before you try to update again though, find the factory reset option in your menus and try that. It is possible that the update has simply messed up a config setting. Also, try taking the battery out overnight to see if that resets the camera.

Hope that all makes sense and helps.

Ian

mjojom
    mjojom  2
    12 Jan 2012 - 4:43 PM

thank you,
    update went on fine. and everything else working fine. I reset to factory few times, and had the battery out for more then night. I too downloaded earlier firmware, and I cannot downgrade as because of the version number camera does even go to the flash screen. it apparently only takes newer upgrades. Can anybody hack the firmware so camera think it is 1.3 and let me reflash the thing?

mjojom
    mjojom  2
    14 Jan 2012 - 9:47 PM

anybody can help here please?

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.