Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Panasonic DMC L10 review

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    MattGrayson
    14 Nov 2007 - 8:58 AM

Hey guys, the Panasonic L10 has been reviewed by my beautiful assistant Duncan. Take a look at it here.

Enjoy. Smile

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Nov 2007 - 8:58 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman
    strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Nov 2007 - 9:59 AM

I see employee relationships are moving on at EPZ towers Smile

I have to say that I keep wondering if it is not possible to combine the best features of the 4/3 system, and the high quality rangefinder/compact of film cameras to come up with a good quality and easily portable camera at a reasonable price. Say a 24 to 105 fixed lens with rangefinder and live view plus built in IS?

It sounds like the technology is there Could pany/olympus deliver it?

Last Modified By strawman at 14 Nov 2007 - 10:05 AM
    MattGrayson
    14 Nov 2007 - 10:28 AM

I just have a serious problem with delusions of grandeur. Smile

Quote: It sounds like the technology is there Could pany/olympus deliver it?

Improbable, I would say. they are not exactly known for their rangefinder prowess. But, you never know.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139433 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Nov 2007 - 12:37 PM

I had to chuckle at this great description of the Live View Smile:

Quote: To then take a picture, press the fire button. The mirror gets out of the way again with a clunk, the shutter opens with a clunk and closes at the end of the exposure with another clunk and then... yes, the mirror clunks out of the way so that Live view can commence again. That's no fewer than six clunks for every focus and capture. Talk about noisy and plodding. Needless to say, you can't take pictures of anything moving faster than a slow crawl with this system. That's why I say, don't use it for every day shooting because frankly, it's far too slow and noisy for that.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315347 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Nov 2007 - 1:07 AM

Quote: I have to say that I keep wondering if it is not possible to combine the best features of the 4/3 system, and the high quality rangefinder/compact of film cameras to come up with a good quality and easily portable camera at a reasonable price

Not imposible John, but quite a job. The E300/330 or pany L1 is the closest in styling to a rangefinder as there`s no prism. The lens would pose the problem and making one small enough.

If anybody can leica/pany could

here

looking forward to playing with the 12-60 it covers a lovely range.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 15 Nov 2007 - 1:32 AM
    strawman
    strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Nov 2007 - 1:12 AM

Yes Paul, I was thinking a camera with a 35mm equivalent lens of 24 to 120 and IS is interesting. And I thought if you made it a rangefinder you could dump the mirror etc to make it more portable, but I guess that is too much of a design challenge.

A richo or panasonic compact is the closest I have seen. Price @ 300?

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315347 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Nov 2007 - 1:22 AM

Well the 300/330 uses mirrors so its not all that far removed from a range finder anyway. They could reduce the body size little and fit it with a fixed lens zoom lens, the newest crop kit lenses are very small.

Lol I was looking at digital compacts just the other day, where have all the viewfinders gone Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.