Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Panasonic DMC-ZS20 Experience

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    dmarcus123
    9 May 2012 - 2:50 AM

Rec'd camera today. Overjoyed! Used it for 10 minutes. Handed it to wife. She say zoom doesn't work. She's right, and no control works, not even the off switch; camera is entirely locked up. I have spent the last two and a half hours trying to reach customer support at Panasonic. I have gone into limbo; been disconnected; had the line answered by an operator 3 times; been answered by one other person who is transferring me to the correct agent (that line has been on hold for 32 minutes at this point); etc, etc. Operator has told me that all the problems are to a system upgrade. (What was it like before the upgrade?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 May 2012 - 2:50 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rogerfry
    rogerfry e2 Member 8509 forum postsrogerfry vcard United Kingdom
    9 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

Can't help with the Panasonic phone lines (!), but as a first step with the camera, have you tried removing and replacing the battery?

dmarcus123
    9 May 2012 - 2:03 PM

rogerfry ... battery finally died, and the camera came back up with all systems go. Biggest concern: what triggered it? will it happen again? how can I clear it short of dropping the battery and re-installing? how can I prevent it?

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139430 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    9 May 2012 - 2:39 PM

See if it happens again - but before you take it away on holiday.. It may have just been a gremlin/glitch

If it happens again make a complaint via the Panasonic website.

RichRockport

I am an old Canon user who is new to this forum, new to Panasonic and to new to M4/3's.
    8 months ago I purchased a Lumix DMC-GX1. In the middle of a dream vacation to Bhutan and Nepal, the screen stopped working.
    I was looking for a reset switch thinking it was a power or "computer" problem.
    Two weeks later I finally returned to the states and dutifully shipped my camera to Panasonic Repair facility in TX.
    They claim that I had dropped or smashed the camera causing the touch screen to stop working. This is simply not true.
    Panasonic declared my warranty void due to my "abuse and neglect".

After several frustrating emails and chats, I finally got Panasonic to escalate my case as an appeal. I refuse to pay them $300 to repair their "new" product.
    Any advice out there? Any magic words to get Panasonic to do the right thing?
    Or should I simply take my lenses and buy a different body?

Thanks,
    Rich

MichaelMelb_AU
    14 Dec 2013 - 9:25 PM

Panasonic has a lot of happy customers - and there would be not so happy ones. I am in the middle. Whatever Panasonic I ever owned ( music centre, camera) was fantastic in ideas put into real design, innovative and at the front edge of performance...if workedSad Music centre would skip when playing normal CDs (amazing sound though) but played mp3 disks OK. Repairs with authorised technician gave nothing, and I had to enjoy mp3s over normal CDs. Camera (Lumix FZ8) would freeze and finally came with "black screen of death", but was revived by repair centre with diagnosis - improper factory assembly. Worked fine ever since. Markedly whatever Canon I ever had never failed me - from purchase to storage shelf "retirement". Should I say that my next camera was not from Panasonic?

Last Modified By MichaelMelb_AU at 14 Dec 2013 - 9:27 PM
    StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014796 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Dec 2013 - 10:25 PM

Quote: Any advice out there? Any magic words to get Panasonic to do the right thing?

Several years ago I had a problem with Nikon's service in Canada, I wrote a scathing comment on here, and sent Nikon a link to my comments. I received my repaired camera the next day, no questions, I had been waiting over 2 months.

Last Modified By StrayCat at 14 Dec 2013 - 10:26 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.