Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Panasonic External Flash?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315367 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2014 - 7:41 PM

This Nissin unit is becoming popular with GX7 users due to its compact size, price is not to bad either at 160 on Amazon.

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/nissin-i40-flash-gun-now-available-in-micro-4-...

The second reviewer claims it works perfectly with the GX7 including off camera in RC mode.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 1 Sep 2014 - 7:43 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Sep 2014 - 7:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Chris_L
Chris_L e2 Member 901 forum postsChris_L vcard United Kingdom
1 Sep 2014 - 9:33 PM

Managed to get the Yongnuo YN568 working normally again, I had to attach it to my 5D and let them communicate. It seems it 'stuck', probably when I took it off camera without switching camera or flash or both off first.

It works pretty well, in manual mode, with the Gx7 and the YN622 triggers. It makes more sense, for size reasons, to get smaller cheaper triggers.

Have been happily photographing stuff with my Gx7 and 568 stuff to put on ebay. Photos are absolutely first rate, no need to get the big DSLR out. I took photos of the 20mm (here) to sell. It looked that gorgeous in the photos that I find it hard to sell it!!

Am totally skint due to my m43 adventure. Love that camera though, it makes me want to take photos.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315367 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2014 - 9:46 PM

Its certainly a sweet looking lens, much nicer than the old blue/grey color scheme.

Paul Morgan
1 Sep 2014 - 11:12 PM

Managed to get the Yongnuo YN568 working normally again

That`s good Smile

I`ve been trying to find out if the power connector on the side of the Yongnuo units is the same as found on some Canon units.

As yet no one has been able to answer this question Smile

mikehit
mikehit  56474 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2014 - 11:33 PM

Do you mean the physical form (USB etc) or power rating?

Paul Morgan
1 Sep 2014 - 11:40 PM

No the plug socket on the side of the flash for external power.

I want to power using one of these.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Godox-Battery-4500mAh-cables-600EX-RT/dp/B00FDMNZR0/ref=...

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 1 Sep 2014 - 11:46 PM
Paul Morgan
1 Sep 2014 - 11:47 PM

Its review here, although they talk about using it with Yongnuo, they don`t tell you what leads they used.

http://flashhavoc.com/godox-pb960-lithium-power-pack-review/

Chris_L
1 Sep 2014 - 11:55 PM

Hold on, I'll have a look at mine, I only use it with AAs

mikehit
2 Sep 2014 - 12:02 AM

There is no extenal power socket on the 568 apparently

http://www.lightingrumours.com/yongnuo-yn-568ex-is-first-speedlight-in-china-wit...

Chris_L
2 Sep 2014 - 12:02 AM

Mine is YN568 not YN568 II - there's a socket under a flap that looks like it could be a 2.5mm socket, it's definitely not 3.5mm (I tried a 3.5mm plug and too big).

I don't know if it's for external power or for triggering, would need to dig out the manual.

{Edit}
Mike posted at same time, his link confirms it's not power and is for sync. The 565 has external power by the look of the comments

Last Modified By Chris_L at 2 Sep 2014 - 12:07 AM
Paul Morgan
2 Sep 2014 - 12:10 AM

Yeh I think the 568 only has a PC sync connector.

I use 560`s, thanks anyway.

Looking at the Amazon pictures the Canon plug looks like it might fit the Yongnuo units but I don`t want to take the risk of ordering then finding there not the same.

Paul Morgan
2 Sep 2014 - 1:24 AM

No worries, looks like I found what I was looking for.

Stumbled up this.

godox.jpg

And compared against this

godox-2.jpg

Looks to me like it uses the Canon plug.

mikehit
2 Sep 2014 - 8:23 AM

I wouldn't be surprised - there are quite a few comments that the YN flashes are so close to the Canon 560 series as to be direct knock-offs.

Chris_L
2 Sep 2014 - 12:05 PM

Very much so, they've avoided exact model number and started with YN perhaps to avoid legal claims of passing-off / counterfeiting

yonguo-565ex-vs-canon-580ex-ii-3.jpg

yonguo-565ex-vs-canon-580ex-ii-2.jpg

Crazycurtis28

Damn, I just wrote a huge comment, added it, and it dissapeared. This happens too often on here Sad

Anyway. It was something like....

I have been trying to keep up with the comments on here hoping they might answer my issue.
I have the Yongnuo 460 and have worked out how to sue it in manual ON my EM5 by fine tuning settings on camera and flash, but, I am a noob at flash so...

When I trigger it off camera as a slave, with the EM5 flash, the results are all dark and underexposed. Any advice?
Do I need to just mess around with camera settings, ON camera flash settings and the Off camera Yongnuo settings till I get it bang on?

Or is there something very obvious you can think I am doing wrong?
Maybe I will just invest in some cheap transmitters and fiddle around with settings that way? :/

I do intend on buying the FL600R eventually, but it is a significant lump of money to part with!

On another note, I had these issues when doing portraits.
I figured this was the best forum to bring it up on so apologies for going off the original topic.

Andy

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.