Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Panasonic Lumix LZ150 do I or don't I ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Briformac
    Briformac  2 United Kingdom
    15 Jun 2012 - 8:43 PM

Hello folks, I have just joined and this is my first posting!
    Anyway down to business Smile
    I am agonising over purchasing a Panasonic Lumix LZ150 and wondered if anyone on here has one of these? I am really an SLR man currently using a Canon 60D with a Sigma 18 - 250 zoom lens. Its a great bit of kit ..... however .... because its like carrying a wall brick around, it does tends to be left home alone more often than not. I am thinking that buying one of these bridge cameras could be the answer for this 8st. weakling i.e. me!
    I know that i will not get the same quality pictures as I'm used to but it must be an improvement on nothing at all.
    12 million pixels, is that enough to do a small amount of cropping if need be?
    Noise, is that a problem on the LZ150?
    I hardly ever print and only ever view pictures on my Mac or iPad. Sometimes, usually once in a decade I may take a shot that I like to put on a large ish canvas (two so far)
    If anyone out there has got the experience of this camera would you be kind enough to advise me on the above points or indeed any other issues I should be made aware of.
    Thanks guys Smile

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Jun 2012 - 8:43 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

teepee
    teepee  11650 forum posts England
    16 Jun 2012 - 1:43 PM

Hi mate, I bought this camera about 6 months ago and like you I don't want to lug my full kit around all the time! ( not getting any younger) The panasonic is so light my wife thought that I passed her an empty bag. I have not had a problem with noise and the zoom range is phenominal! The screen is great and tilt and twists so you can use the camera in l/scape and portrait modes, the macro setting is great and the only thing I don't like is the manual focusing ( most compact/bridge cameras suffer with this ) So, all in all I really like this camera and it is great to get some good shots whilst not boring the pants off the family when on holiday (no faffing about changing lenses) 12 million pixels should be enough, remember it was only 6 million on the 10D and that produced A3 prints...............Regards Tony

Last Modified By teepee at 16 Jun 2012 - 1:49 PM
    Briformac
    Briformac  2 United Kingdom
    17 Jun 2012 - 11:24 AM

Thanks Tony for your sound comments. As another thought do you think the LZ150 would this work with studio flash, perhaps using a wireless trigger on the hotshoe?

teepee
    teepee  11650 forum posts England
    17 Jun 2012 - 12:35 PM

Can't see any reason why it should'nt!

grounded
    grounded  1 New Zealand
    8 Oct 2012 - 12:39 AM

At the moment I don't think there is a better bridge camera on the market than the FZ150, unless it is the FZ200, I don't own one but when my FZ50 dies that will be my choice, It only lacks the ability to make the coffee.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.