Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Panasonic TZ27 AVCHD

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    glyn3
    glyn3  1
    17 Apr 2013 - 10:32 AM

HELP!
    Hi can anyone out their please help me.

I've tried Panasonic UK support team, but..........
    The problem is that the film clips (about 90 seconds is 316 size) are very large and cannot be attached to an email. Converting to MPA using the Panasonic PhotofunStudio actually increases the size of the file.
    How can we make these film clips email friendly???
    Any ideas, as the wifes going off her Christmas present as she cant send film clips of her grandson on to family and fiends

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Apr 2013 - 10:32 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

duratorque
    duratorque  10411 forum posts United Kingdom
    17 Apr 2013 - 10:52 AM

Do a search on Freemake Video Convertor. It is free.

rogerfry
    rogerfry e2 Member 8494 forum postsrogerfry vcard United Kingdom
    17 Apr 2013 - 12:10 PM

Try using Dropbox.

Ade_Osman
    Ade_Osman e2 Member 114435 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Apr 2013 - 2:31 PM

Try using Movie Maker, bundled free with Windows 7 and available as a download for other MS OS's, this will compress files down to a reasonable size to email, short of this as Roger quotes above use Dropbox

glyn3
    glyn3  1
    17 Apr 2013 - 2:49 PM

Thanks Roger and Ade.
    I guess Dropbox is one of those cloud based places, and really I don't want to go down that route.
    I have already used 'Any Video Converter', which reduced the 90 second clip down to 14MB.
    It took 10 mins to download to email and when I sent it to my other email account, I couldn't open it.
    Something about it needed files attached.
    I'll try it again and make a note of the exact wording.
    Thanks for the input so far.
    But am I the only one having problems with the size of AVCHD files??

duratorque
    17 Apr 2013 - 3:09 PM

AVCHD is a HD compression format. Yes, HD video files are not designed for email. 14MB video files is small enough for attaching to emails, you should not have any problems.

In the long term, emailing video files is not efficient for you or the receivers. You should consider uploading to facebook, youtube or Vimeo account, but set up privacy settings to control who can see them. This way you can share with who you want and only have to upload once and the video can be seen in HD.

glyn3
    glyn3  1
    17 Apr 2013 - 6:26 PM

Thanks duratorque,
    I would have thought 14MB shouldn't be a problem......but it seems that the email arrives at the recipients address, but they cant open it....
    stating that some associated files are missing!
    Think I read somewhere in the TZ manual that I have the option to film in HD or basic???? If so, and I'm not sure, I will have to take a giant step backwards and turn off the HD.
    Trying desperately to keep control of my photos and film clips and not take the cloud route.
    I dont think I would have bought the Panasonic if I knew this before the purchase!!

duratorque
    18 Apr 2013 - 10:08 AM

I don't think Panasonic is at fault. All HD video recording will give you large files. I personally will not record in standard definition video when HD is available to me. I just convert afterward.

Some ISP impose email size limit and you may fine even 14MB is too big for your ISP. You can always upload to Dropbox and share file with who you want. Not sure why you do not want to use cloud storage, but it is the easiest way to share large files.

glyn3
    glyn3  1
    18 Apr 2013 - 1:56 PM

Thanks again duratorue,
    But call me old fashion, but I wanted a choice, and for me to choice my preference.
    It seems that with this Panasonic I dont have a choice.
    My ISP allows 25MB, so it should take the AVCHD converted to MPA 14MB......I really dont know!
    When you 'convert afterwards' what size file do you achieve?
    Thanks for all your input

glyn3
    glyn3  1
    18 Apr 2013 - 4:28 PM

Just tried to open the 14.7MB attachment and it says.....
    "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel"

I've got no idea what that means and definitely did not have this pulaver with the wonderful old FUJI

Any thoughts??

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Apr 2013 - 5:37 PM

I wouldn't bother trying to email it. Just upload it to YouTube (as an 'Unlisted' video) and give whoever wants it the link.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.