Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Pano Head Question.

Ian-Munro 7 200 15 Wales
3 Jun 2009 2:38PM
Hi all,

I want to impove my panos.

I am thinking of the manfrotto QTVR303

Its 250 and i want to know if any one has a pano head and are they worth it.

Regards
Ian

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
3 Jun 2009 3:17PM
If you are unsure and just want to try panoramas first - but seriously - try the Panosaurus. .

It is available in the UK and I thinks it's about 85:00. Google will locate a dealer for you.

It works very well and has all the necessary adjustments and even allow setting the Nodal Point on the lens you intend using.

HTH's...
Ian-Munro 7 200 15 Wales
3 Jun 2009 10:13PM

Quote:If you are unsure and just want to try panoramas first - but seriously - try the Panosaurus..

It is available in the UK and I thinks it's about 85:00. Google will locate a dealer for you.

It works very well and has all the necessary adjustments and even allow setting the Nodal Point on the lens you intend using.

HTH's...

Cheers Mike
Kris_Dutson 12 8.2k 1 England
3 Jun 2009 10:49PM
Here's a dealer and a nice demo. Red-Door
steve_kershaw 9 2.3k 4 United Kingdom
3 Jun 2009 10:59PM
red door are excellent

to be honest the stitching software is that good nowadays it will cope with most landscape shots on any head

look at link I have found this will cope with hand held panos quite good
Metalhead 7 1.9k 2 England
4 Jun 2009 9:25AM
Don't discount some of the free software out there for stitching panoramas. My two personal favourites are Autostitch and Hugin .

I haven't used the latest versions for ages but Hugin used to be able to use Tiffs and you can manually select the same points in two corresponding images to get even better results.

Worth a try before spending any money!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.