Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Panoramic Film Cameras

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41208 forum posts United Kingdom198 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jul 2012 - 8:15 PM

Having read the article, it means not moving the camera, but shifting horizontally fully one way, then the opposite and combining the images. These will not be affected by parallax because the camera doesn't move.
Or just use a wider lens and just crop the image. Or use a longer lens and overlap a lot, then combine as you would anyway with more frames.
A T/S lens is fixed length (I think the widest is 24mm) so I expect the OP might already have a wider lens he can use anyway.

Nick

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 Jul 2012 - 8:15 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SimonAtkinson
18 Jul 2012 - 11:23 PM

Some excellent answers, thank you Smile

I'll stick with my 5dmk2 and try get more used to digital stitching, maybe even invest in a pano head one day, or if I ever get spare funds then I can buy a pano film camera alongside my digital gear.

I suppose cropping a high res file is adequate enough for alot of situations, and you can always rely upon interpolation if you need to print even larger.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315479 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jul 2012 - 11:50 PM

Quote: I'll stick with my 5dmk2 and try get more used to digital stitching

Sounds good to me Smile

But you could still have a little fun, if you still hankering for real film without selling your gear or braking the bank.

http://uk.shop.lomography.com/spinner-360

duratorque
duratorque  11413 forum posts United Kingdom
19 Jul 2012 - 12:20 AM

I shoot some pano with a Horizon 202 pano camera. You can pick them up on ebay. I scan the negative on a scanner and switch together in Photoshop. It is quite involving and stitching on a pano head is the way forward I think.

User_Removed
19 Jul 2012 - 10:32 AM

Quote:

I suppose cropping a high res file is adequate enough for a lot of situations, and you can always rely upon interpolation if you need to print even larger.

...and remember that, to produce a panorama that way, you are not cropping it in from the sides - only from the top and bottom - which corresponds to the format you will want your print to be anyway. A panoramic image cropped from a D800 Raw file will certainly print to provide a panorama 6 feet wide without any trouble.

dplatt2000
17 Sep 2012 - 12:42 PM

Im not sure if anyone will still pick up this post, but if they do, perhaps you can help me? I too am in Simon's boat ie I absolutely love pano...I mean, love Smile I guess it is because it is how we see with our eyes...anyhow, someone made a point about the Nikon d800, and then cropping from the massive resolution...this is something just the other day I was thinking might be an option to still allow for movement of clouds, water etc and for changing light conditions, and not having to stitch. However, would this not affect the perspective? ie say you used a 24mm lens, the field of view left to right may be the same as the panoramic format, but the perspective would be different, as in less compressed...Am I right in thinking this, or am I missing something?

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 102980 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
17 Sep 2012 - 2:17 PM

There is the Hassleblad Xpan.
Peak Imaging can process and put the files on CD.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.