Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Paper Backgrounds

where is the cheapest place to get these and do i go for a white or arctic white

Iain

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Mjhearne e2
8 432 4 Scotland
18 Nov 2008 2:15PM
I dont know about cheapest, as I havent really shopped about. But I always buy from Calumet. There service is always fantastic!
thanks MJ for that but which white do i go for lol

Iain
HelenO e2
8 46 1 United Kingdom
18 Nov 2008 6:38PM
I used to use paper rolls all the time (mostly arctic white!) but I was going through so many I finally invested in a vynil (sp) roll. Its great as you can just clean off the marks after each shoot. Costs a bit more but is worth it in the long run I think Smile The one I got was just under 200 x
ColinT-B e2
8 38 3 England
19 Nov 2008 3:53PM
Dont know how viable this is. I did see a youtube video recently where the photographer used a large sheet of vinyl flooring. It had been turned over and painted white. The advantage being that when it got dirty, you just paint it again.
Might be a bit of a problem with the weight and depends if your background supports can handle the weight.
Colin
Mjhearne e2
8 432 4 Scotland
19 Nov 2008 4:23PM
The white I use is artic white. However.......I have to say my fave background is a grey paper from calumet. Grey is great as its easy to colourize on layers and masks etc in photoshop, enabling you to change the colour of the background to whatever you want within reason. Also if you have the right kit, you can over expose the grey paper and make it white. Also, for you attention, the lastolite hilite tent is great. I used this tent for my picture 'free'. Its worth a look The tent not my pic!

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/product/default.aspx?sku=1028352
Thanks all, Arctic white has been ordered................

Iain

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.