Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Paper profiles

7 Feb 2010 1:50PM
Help Please. I'm using an Epson Stylus Photo R 265 for printing, using Epson Premium Glossy and Fujifil Multijet paper. Does anyone know of a site where I can download paper profiles to match these papers with my printer. I've tried searching both Epson and Fujifim sites with no luck.
Thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gaucho e2
12 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
7 Feb 2010 2:30PM
I used PureProfiles and found them to be very good. You have to pay for each profile but it's worth it.

Malcolm
Wednesday 5 15
24 Feb 2010 11:14PM
Hi Sylviwhalley
Most places charge when it's not their paper, sorry if this sounds like a salesman but I was using Epson PG and then tried PermaJet for a change, if you go with their Gloss or Fibre Base Gloss you will hopefully feel like I did, the results are far superior and the profiles, even custom ones, are free. I downloaded the generic ones from their site, not bad but the custom was much better.
Give them a try or just get a test pack, thats how I found the Fibre Base Gloss.
GlennH 9 1.9k 1 France
25 Feb 2010 12:23AM
Sylvia, are you sure you didn't install the ICC profiles for Epson papers when you installed the printer? They'll be in the 'spool' folder if you're running Windows, or you can dig around for them in PS through the custom proof dialogue box.
28 Feb 2010 1:07PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll have a look at the PermaJet website, and try searching in the "spool" folder as advised to make sure I haven't already got the profiles in Photoshop.
Thanks again
Squirrel 7 401 3 England
28 Feb 2010 10:38PM
Fotospeed also do free profiles for their paper. I use their Pigment friendly gloss and Pigment friendly lustre.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.