Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

PC or laptop, what computer should I get?

lawbert e2
7 1.8k 15 England
15 Nov 2012 3:57PM

Quote:Are you Mac or PC David? Both

I guessed that was the answer!!...do you have a preference?

Or are both just tools of your trade?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

15 Nov 2012 4:05PM
It depends. Wink

I like windows because I know windows really well and they are easy to upgrade hardware wise and cheaper.
I like macs because they are visually stunning and the OS is as well.

I do most of my work on windows machines, but I do most of my casual computing on an apple product (ipad).
pete146uk e2
2 25 1 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2012 4:19PM
Haha - If I only I could have predicted such a reaction Smile

BTW - the speed is not because I bought a 16gb machine. I have a 16gb PC, and it is no where near as quick as the mac when using multiple programs.

Like I said, I have not been a macfan - I've always stuck with Windows. But I love my Iphone so thought I would try the Imac - I must say I've been converted
lawbert e2
7 1.8k 15 England
15 Nov 2012 4:21PM
Great Answer....and very intuitive to the PC vs Mac constant debateWink

I personally would love a Mac for the aesthetics and OS but I always have Windows due to the cheaper cost and the simplicity of bunging a bit more Ram, SSD , etc

Sounds to me like you have the perfect set up with the Ipad for ease of use and Windows Machines for heavier work loadsSmile

Will the Epz Guru's personal preferences silence the Mac vs PC debate!!?....I doubt it but Thanks for your answer DavidSmile
15 Nov 2012 4:26PM
Doesn't help to say i'm considering getting a new imac when they come out and if i can afford it (I can't think of a good reason why I should get one though) Tongue
lawbert e2
7 1.8k 15 England
15 Nov 2012 4:31PM

Quote:Doesn't help to say i'm considering getting a new imac when they come out and if i can afford it (I can't think of a good reason why I should get one though) Tongue

They are a bit tasty is has to be said!!! And its nice to see the spec being upgraded a fair bit!!

Give Pete a tantrum and tell him your off unless he gives you a pay rise to cover one off...Even if you dont need one it would great with a bunch of daffs beside it!!Tongue
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2012 8:02PM

Quote: I have a 16gb PC,

Your Windows laptop is 16gb?
pete146uk e2
2 25 1 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2012 9:05PM

Quote:I have a 16gb PC,

Your Windows laptop is 16gb?

No 8gb, but the desktop is 16gb

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.