Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

PC or Mac?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

GaZn
GaZn  7175 forum posts Wales
5 Feb 2009 - 9:22 PM

I use both in work and at home, in work I use iMac and PC at home I have a Mac pro and PC, Mac is just so nice to use in comparison! faster etc, i'm sure its all been said before in this thread (cant be arsed to read it all) the only down side of Mac is the price!!!

and if its a mac lappy then the batteries are awsome!!!

I love my Macs and use PC for cheap storage and testing software.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Feb 2009 - 9:22 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Oldtog
Oldtog  8 England
6 Feb 2009 - 6:13 PM

I have had an iMAC for just over a year, I wanted a computer that takes little space, the iMAC has a keyboard, mouse and screen, no tower taking up room. I have the basic internal disc and maxed out on memory 4gig ram and rom, I can upgrade if I so wish to have another internal disc drive. The iMAC has two Intel processors. The imac takes on Windows very well and you can play games through the Windows side (if that is one of your wants). When I use the iMAC I have open many pages, including Windows, I no longer have to sift through the pages to find which is which like I did with my old Windows operated PC. I just squeeze the mouse, all pages separate, I can select any page to come to the fore. Also, there is a section called spaces, you can have one application running in another space which is just a fresh screen. The mouse has the usual right and left clicks, I do not have as much junk mail come in, when I do I just set it to the junk, then all spam similar is automatically junked.

I use the iphoto for all my photo's and for editing I refer back to Windows.

It just depends on what you want from your computer, I think I now have the right computer for me.

Just thought I would put my two penneth in from my point of view, I appreciate the PC v MAC debate is long and furious, there will always be one against the other, however in the end it comes down to ones own choice. I think I chose well.

OT

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
SteveCharles
6 Feb 2009 - 7:08 PM

I bought an iMac 'cos it looks nice. I really am that shallow.

strawman
strawman  1021997 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2009 - 7:26 PM

Quote: IWhy - colour rendition on the Mac is better

sorry urban myth

strawman
6 Feb 2009 - 7:47 PM

And if I brought you 30 business lap top's that are between 1 and 2 years old all runing without crashes, that are used more than 40 hours per week, would that be a definition of reliability.

MAC's are fine, but then so is windows. There is not much difference in real world up time of properly specified machines. It is not that I hate Apple, just the pointless hype and incorrect statements about other systems. There are bad PC's out there, but there are good ones too.

Oh and apples crash too, but then they are a type of PC.

Last Modified By strawman at 6 Feb 2009 - 7:49 PM
User_Removed
6 Feb 2009 - 8:12 PM

Nothing. It's not about what you can do more of or less of. It's the working environment. I first used Windows 3.11 workgroups and then everything since. I used to be the same Chris. I just couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. For me it's the environment. I just prefer the the look and feel of a MAC now. I find Windows does everything but you feel like you are at work when using one. It's like wearing a shirt and tie using a PC and using a MAC is jeans and t-shirt. That's it for me.

_
_  9535 forum posts Virgin Islands, British4 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2009 - 8:34 PM

Quote: I'm still waiting for one of them to tell me what it is they can do on a Mac that I can't do on a PC....

I can't run OSX on my PC
I can run both Windows and OSX on my Macs
Aperture does not run on my PC

I will admit to having shares in Apple, bought before the i-pod became the MP3 of the common ppl, and now worth just a little more, but not much.

User_Removed
6 Feb 2009 - 9:02 PM

Like I said there's nothing I can do on a MAC that you can't do on a PC, that I know of. Is anyone claiming they can do more?

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2009 - 9:03 PM

Quote: I'm still waiting for one of them to tell me what it is they can do on a Mac that I can't do on a PC....

Got a multi-touch trackpad?

User_Removed
6 Feb 2009 - 9:05 PM

I have to say two finger scrolling is cool, can you do that on a PC? I can't on mine.

_
_  9535 forum posts Virgin Islands, British4 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2009 - 9:10 PM

I'm sorry Chris, but I thought we were speaking of legally working OSX on a PC not ripping and patching.

And you have this installed on your PC and all works fine????

Just because we don't agree with a companies t&c of use doesn't mean that we should go about hacking things to make it how we want it. Hell if that was the case I'd employ hackers to change the laws that I don't agree with.

I was expecting some clever, witty answer to my reply, instead I get this. You're not winning the argument that way boyo.

J

strawman
6 Feb 2009 - 10:29 PM

Is this a game of one upmanship. Wink

Have you got a touch sensitive white board linked to projector with multi-touch interface and the ability to annotate what is on the screen and embed it into Office tools? Oh and the ability to share it live with a number of other users in real time.

re touch interfaces, I think the palm interface and its handwriting interface was great for mobile use. Both OS could benefit from a little look back at the PALM organisers of @ 5 years ago.

Last Modified By strawman at 6 Feb 2009 - 10:34 PM
eonisuk
eonisuk  7108 forum posts England
6 Feb 2009 - 10:34 PM

Quote: I have had an iMAC for just over a year, I wanted a computer that takes little space, the iMAC has a keyboard, mouse and screen, no tower taking up room. I have the basic internal disc and maxed out on memory 4gig ram and rom, I can upgrade if I so wish to have another internal disc drive. The iMAC has two Intel processors. The imac takes on Windows very well and you can play games through the Windows side (if that is one of your wants). When I use the iMAC I have open many pages, including Windows, I no longer have to sift through the pages to find which is which like I did with my old Windows operated PC. I just squeeze the mouse, all pages separate, I can select any page to come to the fore. Also, there is a section called spaces, you can have one application running in another space which is just a fresh screen. The mouse has the usual right and left clicks, I do not have as much junk mail come in, when I do I just set it to the junk, then all spam similar is automatically junked.

I use the iphoto for all my photo's and for editing I refer back to Windows.

It just depends on what you want from your computer, I think I now have the right computer for me.

Just thought I would put my two penneth in from my point of view, I appreciate the PC v MAC debate is long and furious, there will always be one against the other, however in the end it comes down to ones own choice. I think I chose well.

OT

this is the sort of thing that i will want to do so thanks for the write up

eon

keith selmes
6 Feb 2009 - 10:48 PM

There's a Mac-PC thread going at .net.
Chap there says he uses mac but keeps a PC
"for using Sony Vegas for video editing. Still the best editor out there."
Heard something similar before.

Wayne47
Wayne47  743 forum posts United Kingdom
6 Feb 2009 - 11:15 PM

Having used both & recently turning to mac, I would choose mac everytime, simple easy to use & always works, I also have pc's im my house but have not touched it in over a year, my macbook comes every were with me. I use it to send invoices, edit images, build websites and never a problem.

Highly recommended, but at the end of the day its down to preference. Go to your local apple centre & try one then at least you know you have given one a try.

Wayne (A happy mac owner) will be buying and imac soon or cinema screen to complete my office.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.