Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Peak District - 25 Best Locations

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

andytvcams
andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
22 Apr 2006 - 11:39 AM

The pub list would have been useful today Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Apr 2006 - 11:39 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108371 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
22 Apr 2006 - 11:59 AM

Quote: The pub list would have been useful today Smile

It's a poor photographer that can't sniff out a pub when ones needed!

Doug ;o)

andytvcams
22 Apr 2006 - 12:39 PM

Yep your right Smile

future
future  9153 forum posts
22 Apr 2006 - 2:38 PM

is it 'Packhouse' or 'Parkhouse' Hill?? i thought Parkhouse?

Chris

David_c
David_c  8244 forum posts United Kingdom
22 Apr 2006 - 11:55 PM

isnt it time all cameras had built in gps and the exif data contained an os map ref and it could be posted with each upload, then we could all pop off and (after queuing) sit the tripod in the same leg holes .....

Some other nice places in the Peak ...

Goyt valley , near Buxton , lots of rhodies, ruined mansion,rugged scenery ,park next to reservoir and walk up the grassy hill to find the hilltop graveyard nearest cafe/pub errr... SK 011 748 GB Grid

Three shires Head, near Flash village (highest village in england).meeting place of three counties ,rugged moorland bridge/stream.best local is travellers rest on a53 leek rd.SK 011 684 GB Grid

Any of the Dales . Dovedale , Beresford dale , Lathkill dale , etc. all gorgeous.

Tittesworth reservoir area near Roaches and winking man.stunning scenery and wallabies if you are patient.lots of pubs around.drive quickly thro leek...

Mam tor shale mountain that constantly erodes and slips(old main road with subsidence is intriguing) and winnats pass area stunning limestone valley , caverns to visit too , gorgeous town of castleton nearby. lots of cafes and pubs,get parked early...

Cottages at wyedale/cheedale near buxton , park at bottom of hill in view of topley pike short walk to lovely dale and cottages near river. nearest eater mmmm.. could go to Taddington pubs , or head on to busy Bakewell.SK 104 725 GB Grid

Hartington village , cafes and pubs aplenty, superb base for visiting the dales go in any direction from here to find stunning scenery .

got to go now , if i think of more i,ll be back.Smile

i use this to find os ref ..http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/getamap/

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022821 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2006 - 1:38 AM

Quote: wallabies if you are patient

If anyone sees a wallabie.....it'll be a ghost.
Wink

David_c
David_c  8244 forum posts United Kingdom
23 Apr 2006 - 1:58 AM

i take it Keith , you didnt see any wallabies then? i must admit it was a few years ago that i saw one up on the roaches , no camera with me .....

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022821 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2006 - 2:21 AM

There used to be a whole group of them many years ago, but I'm afraid one too many winters finished them off.

Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2006 - 2:23 AM

Admit it Keith, you poached them and then barbecued them.

keithh
23 Apr 2006 - 2:25 AM

no poaching....just sauteed.

mikesmith
mikesmith e2 Member 945 forum postsmikesmith vcard United Kingdom35 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2006 - 10:29 AM

Not exactly the Peak District but....I am visitng the Snowdon area for a long weekend next weekend with family and friends. Where might I get some decent landscapes early in the morning without taking the family and without having to walk miles. We are staying very near to Llanrug near Caernarfon. I am prepared to drive maybe 15 or 20 miles from my base. A bit of an obscure question but it's my first time to North Wales and I want to make the most of every opportunity.

cheers
Mike Smith

AlanN
AlanN  8 United Kingdom
27 Apr 2006 - 1:19 PM

Hello All

1st time post for me.

Reply to Chris_H of 17th April about Geoff Simpsons Website.

I've just taken a look at Geoffs site. On reaching his front cover selection - I have to ask myself a question: Why does Mr Simpson claim to be the creator of the Jodrell Bank image on Cheshire Life? - BECAUSE IT IS ACTUALLY MY IMAGE & Cover. and dates from September 2001 - Naughty... Naughty...! - Makes you wonder how many other covers can be credited to this person !!

I will e-mail him and see what reply I get!

keithh
28 Apr 2006 - 9:21 AM

and the reply was?

andytvcams
28 Apr 2006 - 12:31 PM

I have to ask the question why from Geoff's website.

Quote: Geoff is one of today's most accomplished professional photographers

Would ever want to claim that a cover was not his?

with testimonials like

Quote: He has been recently described in photography monthly,practical photography and digital camera magazines as one of Britain's most outstanding wildlife photographer's

I find your comments hard to digest

Why would he?.

IanA
IanA  103048 forum posts England12 Constructive Critique Points
28 Apr 2006 - 1:13 PM

They say practice makes perfect!

Wink)

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.