Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Peak District Meet 6 Feb 2011

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

andy_AHG
andy_AHG  5106 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jan 2011 - 8:37 PM

Hi Folks,

After bumping into MartinL on Higger Tor at the weekend, we discussed the notion of a bit of a Peaks meet. So this is just a bit of a tester to see who is interested, when and where. Will probably be a good idea to get it together while the sunrises are still at quite a civilised hour!

So please post your ideas below.

Best wishes,

Andy

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Jan 2011 - 8:37 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MrsS
MrsS  84527 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jan 2011 - 9:19 PM

Depends on when but I'm sure the Boss & I wouldn't want to forgo an opportunity to get in MrEEK's shots! Wink

Fran x

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jan 2011 - 9:21 PM

I might join you on that too...can you make sure it's a day with a spectacular sunrise if I'm gonna get up early Wink

strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jan 2011 - 9:23 PM

Let me know of your plans and I will see if I can toddle along.

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73866 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jan 2011 - 9:25 PM

As already discussed Andy I should be OK what date are you suggesting?

MrsS
MrsS  84527 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jan 2011 - 9:32 PM

Quote: I might join you on that too...can you make sure it's a day with a spectacular sunrise if I'm gonna get up early Wink

Hopefully, Team W.A.S.P. (or most of it) will be there, along with Messrs Peak & light, so that should be guaranteed, MrB Wink

Nick - remember to have a quiet night the night before Wink

jken
jken  81672 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jan 2011 - 9:33 PM

I'd be up for it, any idea of when and where.

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73866 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jan 2011 - 9:35 PM

Quote: Nick - remember to have a quiet night the night before Wink

LOL .... That was nearly 4 years ago Fran...eeeek how times fly , or should I say, filters, lenses etc before you get a chanceTongue

Last Modified By Nick_w at 12 Jan 2011 - 9:37 PM
NEWMANP
NEWMANP e2 Member 61587 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jan 2011 - 9:43 PM

everytime Martin and Martin are up there its spectacular so i think i will be there depending upon the date. if Martin confirms he will do the sunrise dance again (or i would settle for a simple inversion) with a few fluffy clouds

Sundays are best for me. if im in i think most of the Bolsover contingent will be there too,

i feel another mass gathering and confrontation with the rangers will be on the cards. Smile Smile
Phil

Simon_Palmer
12 Jan 2011 - 9:51 PM

Count me in please, I need a day out Smile

andy_AHG
andy_AHG  5106 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jan 2011 - 10:05 PM

As a tentative suggestion, how about Sun 30th Jan? I guess that sunrise will be around 8am-ish, so suggest that we meet 7.15 - 7.30am, depending on which ever location we choose. I guess somewhere with plenty of parking such as Stanage Edge, Surprise View - they've fixed the parking payment machine there now Sad or Curbar Gap etc. If anyone has any other suggestions, please feel free to chip in.

@ Pete - Early! You Editors don't know you're born! When I was a lad sunrise was at 2 in the morning... chew, moan, etc...

@ Phil - It would be like the Kinder trespass all over again! Only this time with gortex.

Andy

PS - on Sunday, Higger Tor was looking quite dull, till Martin L walked by bathed in a deep red shaft of light Wink

NEWMANP
NEWMANP e2 Member 61587 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jan 2011 - 10:14 PM

Andy,
a prelim weather forecast for the 30th says crimson and golden light at dawn with cumulus clouds in the east with whispy cirrus clouds developing later. there may be a sharp frost at around -6 which will leave a crisp hoar frost on the rocks and a low but slight possibility of an inversion at Curbar level.

book my tripod a square metre of gritstone edge please Wink
Phil

Last Modified By NEWMANP at 12 Jan 2011 - 10:14 PM
Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jan 2011 - 10:18 PM

Quote: As a tentative suggestion, how about Sun 30th Jan?

That's me out :-( - I can only do alternative weekends due to family commitments.

martin.w
martin.w e2 Member 12352 forum postsmartin.w vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jan 2011 - 10:21 PM

Sundays are good for me....count me in Smile

sut68
sut68 e2 Member 111996 forum postssut68 vcard England76 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jan 2011 - 10:29 PM

Quote: if Martin confirms he will do the sunrise dance again

Might be worth coming just to see that Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.