Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Pentax 67ii Winder Jammed!!

tg 10 86 Scotland
27 Oct 2008 11:00AM
Can anyone help/advise me?

I have recently bought a Pentax 67ii film camera and after putting only ten rolls of 120 film through it the winder arm has jammed. The arm has very little movement and will not wind on.....the camera will not take a shot either.

I have removed the film, changed the batteries, checked the manual, camera settings, tried to fire off the shutter, changed lenses, tried without lenses, tried to 'lock up' the mirror and nothing appears to rectify this problem.

Has anyone had any similar problems? or are aware of any solutions to the problem, other than have it serviced/repaired which I am likely to do. Is this a common problem?

Thanks,
Thomas

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
27 Oct 2008 1:44PM

Quote:I have removed the film

...and that didn't release the winder Tom? How were you able to remove the film? (It's been a looooong time btw - over 20yrs since I had a pair of these beauties - one mine and one the clients)
tg 10 86 Scotland
27 Oct 2008 4:11PM
Unfortunately, the film was ruined. I managed to extract it whilst the winder was stuck to see if I could rectify the problem but it didn't help.
KenTaylor e2
10 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
27 Oct 2008 10:34PM
Looks like it is a problem if you google various sites.
I once met a tog on location who hads his jam there and then and had to revert to his 5x4.
Ken
27 Oct 2008 11:06PM

Quote:I once met a tog on location who hads his jam there and then and had to revert to his 5x4.

Being a pro tog's not all jam, it seems! Smile
kenp e2
8 96 United Kingdom
28 Oct 2008 9:27PM
Go to Pentax User Photography forum!.....ask the same question there and I'm sure someone will have the answer!.......they are a very helpful bunch................Ken
pentaxpete e2
9 553 1 England
30 Oct 2008 12:23PM
I am on Pentax User and a Pentax 6x7 Mk ii owner but never had that problem ( YET!) so don't know the cure, sorry.I think you must not 'inch on' the winder as you can with most 35mm cameras-you must only wind with ONE full stroke.Only 'inch'it on as you are loading the fillum,watching for the start mark.
ablast 6 10 Australia
16 Jun 2009 4:32PM
Sounds like the winder mechanism is worn. Unfortunately unless you are able to dismantle and assemble it yourself servicing is the only solution.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.