Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Pentax K-7 vs....?

MattGrayson e2
7 622 3 England
1 Feb 2010 9:33AM
Hi everyone, I just posted a comment in the Pentax forum but thought I'd open it up to a wider audience for a different perspective. I'm planning a comparison test involving the K-7 and was thinking of a head to head with one other or maybe two others. I have the Olympus E-30 in mind, do you think this is fair given the sensors?
If you were in the market for a DSLR at the K-7 level and had no company bias or loyalty, which other models would you be looking at with the K-7?

Thanks in advance. Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
1 Feb 2010 9:49AM
Morning Matt, just finished reading a recent AP comparison of the K-7 vs canon 7D, could be interesting to see how you rate them?
dangie e2
7 3 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2010 9:12AM
The Pentax K-7 is in a bit of a No Mans Land. I don't think the magazines know what to pitch it against. At the moment it's price seems to be falling quite rapidly. Looking around it can be bought body only for about 800. That puts it in roughly the same bracket as the Canon 50D, about 700, or the Nikon D90, about 600. It can be argued the Pentax is in a higher class than those two very capable cameras.
However the K-7 usually gets tested alongside the Canon 7D, about 1200 body only, or the Nikon D300, about 1000. The Pentax holds its own against these two excellent cameras perhaps just losing out a little in the final score. The Pentax though is considerably cheaper! A bit of a quandry..!
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
2 Feb 2010 9:16PM
How about the Nikon D90, the Olympus lacks video.
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
2 Feb 2010 9:50PM
The thread earlier about the Samsung unreiable sensor on the K7 turned me off on the camera. I was seriously interested.
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
2 Feb 2010 9:53PM

Quote:If you were in the market for a DSLR at the K-7 level and had no company bias or loyalty, which other models would you be looking at with the K-7?

The D90, the equivalent Sony, the Canon 500D, 450D.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.