Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Pentax K-7 vs....?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    MattGrayson
    1 Feb 2010 - 9:33 AM

Hi everyone, I just posted a comment in the Pentax forum but thought I'd open it up to a wider audience for a different perspective. I'm planning a comparison test involving the K-7 and was thinking of a head to head with one other or maybe two others. I have the Olympus E-30 in mind, do you think this is fair given the sensors?
    If you were in the market for a DSLR at the K-7 level and had no company bias or loyalty, which other models would you be looking at with the K-7?

Thanks in advance. Smile

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    1 Feb 2010 - 9:33 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110246 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Feb 2010 - 9:49 AM

Morning Matt, just finished reading a recent AP comparison of the K-7 vs canon 7D, could be interesting to see how you rate them?

dangie
    dangie  7 United Kingdom
    2 Feb 2010 - 9:12 AM

The Pentax K-7 is in a bit of a No Mans Land. I don't think the magazines know what to pitch it against. At the moment it's price seems to be falling quite rapidly. Looking around it can be bought body only for about 800. That puts it in roughly the same bracket as the Canon 50D, about 700, or the Nikon D90, about 600. It can be argued the Pentax is in a higher class than those two very capable cameras.
    However the K-7 usually gets tested alongside the Canon 7D, about 1200 body only, or the Nikon D300, about 1000. The Pentax holds its own against these two excellent cameras perhaps just losing out a little in the final score. The Pentax though is considerably cheaper! A bit of a quandry..!

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315228 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Feb 2010 - 9:16 PM

How about the Nikon D90, the Olympus lacks video.

StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014718 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Feb 2010 - 9:50 PM

The thread earlier about the Samsung unreiable sensor on the K7 turned me off on the camera. I was seriously interested.

StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014718 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Feb 2010 - 9:53 PM

Quote: If you were in the market for a DSLR at the K-7 level and had no company bias or loyalty, which other models would you be looking at with the K-7?

The D90, the equivalent Sony, the Canon 500D, 450D.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.