Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Pentax K lenses

DPhillips 4 20 South Africa
2 Sep 2010 6:15PM
I wish to convert to a decent DSLR and at present own a Pentax SFXn camera with numerous lenses.

My lenses are high quality and I wish to use them on any camera I purchase. (I even have a 1000mm mirror)

Any body with advice please let me know.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
2 Sep 2010 6:34PM
Welcome to EPZ Dorian.

Do you have a camera dealer close to you where you can take a couple of your lenses along and try them on a Pentax dSLR body..??
DPhillips 4 20 South Africa
2 Sep 2010 6:41PM
Yes I do.

I am asking advice to assist me in deciding. My lenses always worked on my second camera, cheeper Richoh
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
2 Sep 2010 6:45PM
franken e2
12 3.2k 4 Wales
2 Sep 2010 9:21PM
If I remember correctly the Pentax SFXN was kaf fitting ie, autofocus. If you have autofocus lenses they will work on any pentax digital slr. You will have to take into account the 1.5 crop factor though. 28mm lens would be about 42mm etc,

If you have pentax A fitting lenses they will also work but you would obviously need to focus manually.

Pentax k fitting ( the original bayonet mount) will work but with limitations. You would have to use them in manual mode and will only have centre weighted metering which isn't a problem I use several myself and find it easy.

Ken
StrayCat e2
10 15.0k 2 Canada
2 Sep 2010 10:03PM
There's a feature on the K20 D where if you install a lens that doesn't have all the digital bells and whistles, a message comes up on the monitor to set the focal lenght of the lens and the Image Stabiliser will work with it. Not sure about the other models, but it's easy to check if you need to.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.