Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Pentax K lenses

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    DPhillips
    DPhillips  3 South Africa
    2 Sep 2010 - 6:15 PM

I wish to convert to a decent DSLR and at present own a Pentax SFXn camera with numerous lenses.

My lenses are high quality and I wish to use them on any camera I purchase. (I even have a 1000mm mirror)

Any body with advice please let me know.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Sep 2010 - 6:15 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    2 Sep 2010 - 6:34 PM

Welcome to EPZ Dorian.

Do you have a camera dealer close to you where you can take a couple of your lenses along and try them on a Pentax dSLR body..??

Last Modified By User_Removed at 2 Sep 2010 - 6:38 PM
    DPhillips
    DPhillips  3 South Africa
    2 Sep 2010 - 6:41 PM

Yes I do.

I am asking advice to assist me in deciding. My lenses always worked on my second camera, cheeper Richoh

User_Removed
    2 Sep 2010 - 6:45 PM

Update here Dorian...

franken
    franken e2 Member 113062 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Sep 2010 - 9:21 PM

If I remember correctly the Pentax SFXN was kaf fitting ie, autofocus. If you have autofocus lenses they will work on any pentax digital slr. You will have to take into account the 1.5 crop factor though. 28mm lens would be about 42mm etc,

If you have pentax A fitting lenses they will also work but you would obviously need to focus manually.

Pentax k fitting ( the original bayonet mount) will work but with limitations. You would have to use them in manual mode and will only have centre weighted metering which isn't a problem I use several myself and find it easy.

Ken

StrayCat
    StrayCat  1014515 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Sep 2010 - 10:03 PM

There's a feature on the K20 D where if you install a lens that doesn't have all the digital bells and whistles, a message comes up on the monitor to set the focal lenght of the lens and the Image Stabiliser will work with it. Not sure about the other models, but it's easy to check if you need to.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.