Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

PENTAX K110D....WTF????

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

phil_24
phil_24  8532 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
13 Apr 2007 - 7:06 PM

http://www.digi-365.com/smbmall/jsp/buy.jsp?id=348998&lang=en

HOW IS IT THAT CHEEP????

im gob smacked, is it better than the 350d?? i was going to get a 350 but now im not sure!!

euros...could it be a scam??

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Apr 2007 - 7:06 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Bowley
Bowley  879 forum posts England
13 Apr 2007 - 8:24 PM

Judging by the shape language I believe this is a grey import (incomplete/missing parts/in tiwianese) The k110 is rubbish in a very dirty bin compaired to the canon EOS 350D (and im a nikon user!)

No SLR should have the shame of using AA batteries!

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
13 Apr 2007 - 9:03 PM

Who the heck are

Quote: .digi-365

Never heard of them.

Oh and another Nikon user here to say 350D only option between those 2.

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
13 Apr 2007 - 9:14 PM

Quote: No SLR should have the shame of using AA batteries!

Um...well actually I believe the idea is that AA batteries can be bought practically anywhere, so if your battery dies you're never going to be stuck. So there are practical advantages to going down that route. I suspect the downside may be that AAs don't last as long as the average Lithium-Ion pack, but I wouldn't know.

Oh and the K110D isn't a bad camera at all. However, if you've no axe to grind, the EOS 350D may well be the better bet.

Doug

phil_24
13 Apr 2007 - 9:56 PM

well i now no to get the 350d when i do, thought it would be this month but ive lost 2 of my only 3 days work i had planned so will have to wait....my need a loan from the parents!

thanks alot

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 102980 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
13 Apr 2007 - 10:21 PM

The use of AA batteries is one of the reasons I bought the SD. No problem at all with supplies with the higher grade rechargeable lasting a decent amount of time. A good few times I have been stuffed because the dedicated ones in another camera has died.

Nothing wrong with the K110
See Steve's Digicams for a review of the K110.

However you seem settled on the 350D of which there are many beong offered at good prices. Have a look at SRS
Ken

Last Modified By Dave at 13 Apr 2007 - 10:24 PM
raul_naja
raul_naja  8 United States
13 Apr 2007 - 11:02 PM

As a Pentax user/owner I just laugh at all the suckers out there who use Nikons Or Canons. These are good cameras whose companies spend the farm on advertising . They change their products more often then some people change their drawers. IT's not the camera it's the photographer.
I'll stake my Pentax against their Nikons or canons any day of the Week. Nuff Said

strawman
strawman  1022010 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
13 Apr 2007 - 11:05 PM

Raul I think you will find Pentax roll over their camera models faster than Canon these days.

And they are only just cameras, regardless of brands, so it may be prudent not to be too brash. So you are happy to compare your results with those from a 1Ds or a D2X. No need to get all macho on us.

phil_24
13 Apr 2007 - 11:08 PM

AAAAARGGHHH, after losing my few days work i asked the parents for a loan of a 150...THEY SAID NO!!!!

i need money ASAP coz i cant be f%&cked with waiting an hour tog et all my films developed and its costing me a bomb!!!

how can i earn that oney in a month...baring in mind im 15 and live in plymouth (i say i live in plymouth in case any of you have a saturday job i could do!!!LOL!)

strawman
strawman  1022010 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
13 Apr 2007 - 11:14 PM

The answer is you stick with your current vivitar camera till you have saved up enough money. Where you live there must be casual summer employment.

RipleyExile
13 Apr 2007 - 11:23 PM

Are you buying new, or would you consider second hand? There must be some descent deals out there on kit in good condition from people upgrading.

nickfrog
nickfrog  7333 forum posts
13 Apr 2007 - 11:25 PM

The beauty with Pentax is that the choice of lens new or second hand is so small, it' makes life very easy... apart from that, I can't see the point.

phil_24
13 Apr 2007 - 11:29 PM

Quote: The answer is you stick with your current vivitar camera

i actually use a pentax K1000 most and am fed up of not having digital slr because of film price...my vivitar is extremely restricting

Quote: Are you buying new, or would you consider second hand?

of course i would consider second hand...just has to be in good condition

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139495 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
14 Apr 2007 - 12:04 AM

Quote: i asked the parents for a loan of a 150...THEY SAID NO

Grandparents, aunt/uncle? Wink

Just tell your family that you are aiming to step into the late Lord Lichfield's shoes - and offer to do portrait sessions with them... at a price of course!

phil_24
14 Apr 2007 - 12:14 AM

will have a word with the family Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.