Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Pentax lens??

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    swanseamale47
    21 Mar 2008 - 7:50 PM

I have a lot of pentax film cameras and lens, many tamron addapall and sigma K and KA lens, I courious to know if these will work (manual focus is fine) on any of the pentax digital cameras.
    I have some great lens and would hate to waist them, any help?? Wayne

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    21 Mar 2008 - 7:50 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318433 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Mar 2008 - 7:54 PM

Yes they work. Everything back to screw thread works.

User_Removed
    21 Mar 2008 - 7:57 PM

End of thread really!!!! Not only a committed Pentax user - but the Editor as well!! Grin Grin

Wink

Last Modified By User_Removed at 21 Mar 2008 - 7:57 PM
    pentaxpete
    21 Mar 2008 - 8:02 PM

Well done for keeping your film Pentax lenses !
    I have also many:I use a lot on my Pentax K10D : you have to go into the digital CUSTOM Menu, scroll down to the very bottom to find 'Aperture Prohibited or Allowed' and click on Allowed. Then your lenses will all work, manual focus,only Manual Exposure or AV (Aperture Priorty) exposure. The metering will be only centre-weighted ( same as on the ME Super anyway). On the 'A' series lenses you can set it to the 'A' position and use the digital wheel to change f stops; on the 'M' series lenses you just choose the aperture as normal on your film cameras on the aperture ring. I find in the K10D I have to give MORE exposure by using the compensation device to give about half a stop more. (use the 'Digital Preview' lever to see an exposure, and adjust- it doesn't go on the memory card)

swanseamale47
    22 Mar 2008 - 9:49 AM

Thanks guys thats just what I wanted to hear, I can live with manual focus, and I tend to use manual exposure anyway, so no problems there.
    Thanks for the quick helpfull advice! Wayne

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.