Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

People to view my images!? Help!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Peter23
    Peter23  62 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2012 - 6:25 AM

It's really frustrating that last night I added what I believe to be my best photo yet, yes there are better on the site, much better BUT we all have to start somewhere and I had 4 views and not even one vote. Is there a trick I'm missing to get more people to see my photo!? I have had votes on photos before which aren't anywhere near as good. It's really knocked my confidence.
    Pete

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    8 Feb 2012 - 6:25 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 104018 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2012 - 6:42 AM

traffic was quite slow last night so I shouldn't give up..baby photos are susceptible, like weddings..you either love them or hate them. If I'm honest, though I can see why you like it, to me though it looks a little over exposed around the head (detracting from the whole image). Perhaps try an upload to the critique section?
    'fraid it just doesn't push my button Smile

779HOB
    779HOB  21019 forum posts United Kingdom
    8 Feb 2012 - 6:48 AM

I am not sure what a good view count is - I think my last upload had 14 views. Votes - don't go there, you'll regret it and I am sure the forums are full to over-flowing with threads about them. Ignore the votes.

Is there a trick to getting views? Not sure - time of day you upload, does the thumbnail stand out, do people recognise you name..........posting a question about your photo in the forums........

I am not sure your last upload is your best, I would agree with cats_123 as to why. I have voted on the one I like best.

WhiteRose1
    WhiteRose1 e2 Member 41035 forum postsWhiteRose1 vcard England134 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2012 - 7:56 AM

If you want views then try uploading glamour/nude! If you want critique then an upload to that gallery would be more appropriate. From a personal point of view I would never upload an image as a family image , they belong in the family album. Like all parents you are very proud of your baby but there is a danger of looking through a 'rose-tinted' lens at the results. I agree with Focused that this is probably not your best upload. The ones I would have voted on have been disabled.

kathrynlouise
    kathrynlouise e2 Member 2364 forum postskathrynlouise vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2012 - 7:58 AM

I don't take much notice of the votes, don't get me wrong it's nice when you do get your shots voted on, does give you a confidence boost. Because i am still very inexperienced i put the majority of mine on for critique, only ever had helpful and friendly critique and it's helped me improve immensley and i've found nothing more pleasureable than the comments and praise i get when i do occasionally get it right Wink

Kathryn

mark2uk
    mark2uk  8739 forum posts England8 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2012 - 8:33 AM

I recently let my e2 membership lapse as I don't get to spend as much time on the site as I would like.
    Without e2 you do not get to see how many people view your image - it's less depressing then finding out 20 people viewed and no-one voted.
    Now I can just assume no-one viewed Wink

User_Removed
    8 Feb 2012 - 8:39 AM

Remember that people looking at the Gallery would see your photograph's thumbnail for as long as it remained on the Front Page. So, in that sense, it has been seen by many more folk than you might think.

But it only records a "view" when someone clicks on it to see a larger version - so you have to ask yourself why the thumbnail would tempt anyone to take the time to clcik on it and look at a larger version. I suspect that "family-type" images just don't do that.

As has been said above, don't worry about the votes thing. Most votes seem to be cast within the despised "click-cliques" that appear to work on a juvenile "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" basis. Totally worthless.

Certainly don't let any lack of attention to your photographs on here "knock your confidence".

hobbo
    hobbo e2 Member 3793 forum postshobbo vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2012 - 8:43 AM

I like comments and I appreciate votes from members here.......but to me both are bonuses ..... I have just renewed my membership because I use this huge forum as a very useful learning tool.

I learn to avoid all the usual clichés, what works and what doesn't, I learn to appreciate the work of others even though it is't my bag...............Look and learn I say.

Just enjoy!

Hobbo

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2012 - 8:56 AM

Much of why has been covered above so I will expand a little

It's very clear from the thumbnail what the subject content is so that eliminates many "I wonder what that is" views. It's also very clear from the content the technical style so that eliminates many " I wonder how that was taken" views.

Time of day? I haven't checked recently but but you would normally have hit a busier period, so the thumbnail wouldn't stay on page one for long.

Also only a few generic tags have been added so it may not be found in people's tag searches, for example it should have had at least baby as a tag to help people find it in specific searches, and maybe toned, and catchlights (great eyes btw).

Technically, although you're not asking for critique, I'd make that dark left hand background item much lighter as it dominates the photo currently.

answersonapostcard
    answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012602 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2012 - 9:04 AM

I hope you dont mind but I've just tried to see what I could do with it as it is. I understand why you think its a good one, I have plenty of images of my children growing up that are just priceless to me but as a photo on here there are reasons why it didnt do well initially (most of which have been covered already).

b-w.jpg

(just done quicky, sorry if you dont like it)

Dont be put off though, the critique gallery can provide you with some assistance (I see you've had some good feedback already there).

Last Modified By answersonapostcard at 8 Feb 2012 - 9:32 AM
    collywobles
    8 Feb 2012 - 9:09 AM

Yes I think most has been covered here and I agree that 'family' photos are not really the ones to upload. I have fallen into the same trap myself by uploading images of my grandson and have been dissapointed that I reveived no votes - and it then dawned on me that 'I' am the only one interested in photos of my grandson.

Unless it is a truly great image (and there are some) then keep them in the family album.

Last Modified By collywobles at 8 Feb 2012 - 9:09 AM
    answersonapostcard
    answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012602 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2012 - 9:31 AM

Actually if you want to improve the way you take family snaps this is exactly the right place to upload them.

adrian_w
    adrian_w e2 Member 73318 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2012 - 12:20 PM

Quote: Actually if you want to improve the way you take family snaps this is exactly the right place to upload them.

Yes but better to do it in the "critique" gallery where people will comment on the good & bad aspects. Putting them in the general gallery runs the risk, as the OP has discovered, of people either ignoring them or not bothering to view/comment.

Peter23
    Peter23  62 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2012 - 8:05 PM

Wow, I certainly got a response here haha, thank you all very much for your time and effort in putting across your opinions! I still stick by my choice of photo because my Son or not I do believe allot of people would be happy with them quality of photos of there children. Like I say, there is obviously better out there but it's not a bad start! Thank you all again so much and I'll take it all on board Smile.
    Peter

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.