Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Permission to take photos

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    chrisheathcote
    chrisheathcote e2 Member 7240 forum postschrisheathcote vcard United Kingdom
    22 Aug 2010 - 8:45 AM

I have a question about getting permission to take photos.
    With my job I don't get much time to get out and about with my camera. So I was delighted when I woke the other day to see sunlight. Out came my camera an off I went to find flowers to practice with. Then the heavens opened

My question is simple near me there is a huge garden centre with a wide array of flowers. I wondered about taking my camera there as most are my shots would be macro. The question is how would I go about getting permission, would I need any? Wondered what thoughts. everyone else had on the issue

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Aug 2010 - 8:45 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ge22y
    ge22y  6115 forum posts Wales12 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Aug 2010 - 9:00 AM

Just approach the customer service desk and ask, the worst that can happen is they will say no.

User_Removed
    22 Aug 2010 - 9:03 AM

I would say you certainly need permission. They may not be averse to the odd shot while your walking round - depends on the centre - but I would expect if you want to spend time on serious photography they might be put out.

It would certainly, anyway, be good form to ask for permission. You would be better at less busy times, and they would know when they were, or they may even allow you in during a closure time.

scottishphototours

Write to the owner/manager asking permission with a view to staging a free exhibition on their premises at some point in the future.

That'll pull in the crowds - a win/win for you both - and will probably get you better access to the flowers too.

RogBrown
    RogBrown  72997 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Aug 2010 - 11:22 AM

Have a word with andreweverhale. I know he used to do quite a bit of that sort of thing.

thewilliam
    22 Aug 2010 - 2:16 PM

I'd always ask if I intend to take serious pix and the answer is generally "yes". You can then concentrate fully on image-making and use a tripod.

Jestertheclown
    22 Aug 2010 - 2:22 PM

I'd simply ask at customer services or contact one of the management bods.

As scottishphototours has said, offer something in return. If you don't feel inclined to lay on an exhibition perhaps you could sweeten them with the offer of a few prints.

Jester.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.