Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Peru

Ian Pratt 12 75
17 Jan 2012 8:00PM
This is a long shot but my daughter is travelling around the world at the moment and would like my wife and me to meet up with her in Peru in May/June whilst she does the Inca trail. Does anyone have any experience of travel to Peru or recommendations of travel companies? Probably not but thanks in advance.
Ian

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
17 Jan 2012 8:05PM
my colleague has recently booked his trip to Peru via trailfinders
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
17 Jan 2012 8:11PM
he might help Tongue

Seriously Ian, my niece would know, but unfortunately, she is in the depths of the Dominican Republic forests at the moment.

She spent some considerable time in Peru on a project a few years ago
cats_123 e2
10 4.2k 25 Northern Ireland
17 Jan 2012 10:24PM
we travelled with Llama travel who were excellent. They were able to offer some `tailor made' to their standard trips and weren't too expensive. If you need real tailor made I can also recommend Traveldue south who helped us with an ecuador/Galapagos tour more recently...top class.

One quick tip....If you intend to join your daughter near the Inca trail you will almost certainly need to go to or through Cuzco which is at about 12000ft. We had some trouble with altitude there, so give yourself plenty of time to acclimatise. (Machu Picchu is a few thousand feet lower)

Hope you have a wonderful trip and if you do gte time try and get to the Galapagos...best holiday destination ever SmileSmile

another firm might be Journey Latin America Smile

if you need any specific advice please feel free to pm me
Gaucho e2
12 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
17 Jan 2012 10:37PM
Journey Latin America is the one I would reccommend as well.
stevie e2
10 1.2k 2 United Kingdom
18 Jan 2012 9:13AM
I went to Peru with Journey Latin America a few years ago. It worked out very well, we were a group of only 6 and it was a very well thought-through itinerary taking in many of the major sites such as condors in the Colca canyon, Machu Pichu and some of the Inca trail.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.