Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Peru

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Ian Pratt
    Ian Pratt  1275 forum posts
    17 Jan 2012 - 8:00 PM

This is a long shot but my daughter is travelling around the world at the moment and would like my wife and me to meet up with her in Peru in May/June whilst she does the Inca trail. Does anyone have any experience of travel to Peru or recommendations of travel companies? Probably not but thanks in advance.
    Ian

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Jan 2012 - 8:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Jan 2012 - 8:05 PM

my colleague has recently booked his trip to Peru via trailfinders

tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85912 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Jan 2012 - 8:11 PM

he might help Tongue

Seriously Ian, my niece would know, but unfortunately, she is in the depths of the Dominican Republic forests at the moment.

She spent some considerable time in Peru on a project a few years ago

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 104014 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Jan 2012 - 10:24 PM

we travelled with Llama travel who were excellent. They were able to offer some `tailor made' to their standard trips and weren't too expensive. If you need real tailor made I can also recommend Traveldue south who helped us with an ecuador/Galapagos tour more recently...top class.

One quick tip....If you intend to join your daughter near the Inca trail you will almost certainly need to go to or through Cuzco which is at about 12000ft. We had some trouble with altitude there, so give yourself plenty of time to acclimatise. (Machu Picchu is a few thousand feet lower)

Hope you have a wonderful trip and if you do gte time try and get to the Galapagos...best holiday destination ever SmileSmile

another firm might be Journey Latin America Smile

if you need any specific advice please feel free to pm me

Last Modified By cats_123 at 17 Jan 2012 - 10:29 PM
    Gaucho
    Gaucho e2 Member 122230 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Jan 2012 - 10:37 PM

Journey Latin America is the one I would reccommend as well.

stevie
    stevie e2 Member 101198 forum postsstevie vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Jan 2012 - 9:13 AM

I went to Peru with Journey Latin America a few years ago. It worked out very well, we were a group of only 6 and it was a very well thought-through itinerary taking in many of the major sites such as condors in the Colca canyon, Machu Pichu and some of the Inca trail.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.