Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Phase one

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
aviaandy
aviaandy  736 forum posts4 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jan 2013 - 9:45 PM

Hi has anyone tried Phase One Capture One Express 6. I got this from the EPZ Prize draw and am finding it difficult to navigate and adjust to. Am I missing the point of this software.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Jan 2013 - 9:45 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

andymcdonald
24 Jan 2013 - 10:07 PM

I've been trying it too. It has lots of processing functionality, not sure it has much organisation features.

It seems pretty quick (some of the time) but I think I will stick with my own software.

Andy

aviaandy
24 Jan 2013 - 10:12 PM

I don't seem to be able to use any layers or selective curves/levels etc. is it me or is this a very basic package.

andymcdonald
24 Jan 2013 - 10:17 PM

It's a raw processor rather than a photo editor - so it is limited in what it offers

Jestertheclown
24 Jan 2013 - 10:30 PM

Quote: I don't seem to be able to use any layers or selective curves/levels etc.

That's not its purpose. You're entering Photoshop territory there.
Think of Capture One as being more of an alternative to Lightroom.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96291 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jan 2013 - 10:35 PM

Does Capture One Pro 7 have layers ?

Quote: With Capture One Pro 7, it is now possible to work with even more layers in the same image. You can use up to 10 layers to get that perfect creative look.

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jan 2013 - 10:38 PM

As others have said, Phase Ones Express is really a RAW processing software first and foremost.

That said its RAW processing is first class, Much better than many of the other software's out there, So basically you import your RAW files, Make subtle adjustments, Then batch convert to TIFF for further tinkering ( If that's your bag ) in Photoshop or whatever pixel mangling software you like best.

Yup! Its a cut down version of the 6 Pro version, Even a sample of the latest V7 Pro, But the price ( Especially when free ) should tell you, That bells & whistles are not included, For that you'll need to splash the best part of 300 quid on the V 7 Pro option......Wink

Which I can highly recommend by the way.....Smile

Last Modified By cameracat at 24 Jan 2013 - 10:40 PM
aviaandy
24 Jan 2013 - 10:57 PM

Thanks guys I do have a use for batch raw processing so will try it for that alone. Thanks for the comments I appreciate it. Andy

Stewy
Stewy e2 Member 7101 forum postsStewy vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2013 - 12:02 PM

I received an email saying I had won a copy, but when I follow the link, the only copy I can download is a 60 day trial version. Downloaded it anyway but I can't activate it without a licence code. Am I doing something wrong here??

RogBrown
RogBrown  73002 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2013 - 12:12 PM

You should have received an activation code in the email from epz telling you how to install it.

Scutter
Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2013 - 12:13 PM

............................if you read the email from EPZ the activation code is there!Smile

oops beaten to it!

Last Modified By Scutter at 25 Jan 2013 - 12:14 PM
Stewy
Stewy e2 Member 7101 forum postsStewy vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2013 - 12:27 PM

Muppet!!!

Read the email on my phone. Didnt scroll down far enough to see code, just pasted link into another email and sent it to pc!

Sorted now. Red face or what?!!!

scottishphototours

Great Raw processing software, have used it for years and highly recommend it.

Good videos on the Capture One website too...

annaliese
annaliese  9421 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2013 - 2:30 PM

Thanks Epz for the capture one download Smile

minar1
minar1  4 United Kingdom
25 Jan 2013 - 3:12 PM

Adjustment are there on your email there are links to videos on phase one site.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.