Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Phase one

aviaandy 7 36 4
24 Jan 2013 9:45PM
Hi has anyone tried Phase One Capture One Express 6. I got this from the EPZ Prize draw and am finding it difficult to navigate and adjust to. Am I missing the point of this software.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

24 Jan 2013 10:07PM
I've been trying it too. It has lots of processing functionality, not sure it has much organisation features.

It seems pretty quick (some of the time) but I think I will stick with my own software.

Andy
aviaandy 7 36 4
24 Jan 2013 10:12PM
I don't seem to be able to use any layers or selective curves/levels etc. is it me or is this a very basic package.
24 Jan 2013 10:17PM
It's a raw processor rather than a photo editor - so it is limited in what it offers
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
24 Jan 2013 10:30PM

Quote:I don't seem to be able to use any layers or selective curves/levels etc.

That's not its purpose. You're entering Photoshop territory there.
Think of Capture One as being more of an alternative to Lightroom.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
24 Jan 2013 10:35PM
Does Capture One Pro 7 have layers ?

Quote:With Capture One Pro 7, it is now possible to work with even more layers in the same image. You can use up to 10 layers to get that perfect creative look.
cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
24 Jan 2013 10:38PM
As others have said, Phase Ones Express is really a RAW processing software first and foremost.

That said its RAW processing is first class, Much better than many of the other software's out there, So basically you import your RAW files, Make subtle adjustments, Then batch convert to TIFF for further tinkering ( If that's your bag ) in Photoshop or whatever pixel mangling software you like best.

Yup! Its a cut down version of the 6 Pro version, Even a sample of the latest V7 Pro, But the price ( Especially when free ) should tell you, That bells & whistles are not included, For that you'll need to splash the best part of 300 quid on the V 7 Pro option......Wink

Which I can highly recommend by the way.....Smile
aviaandy 7 36 4
24 Jan 2013 10:57PM
Thanks guys I do have a use for batch raw processing so will try it for that alone. Thanks for the comments I appreciate it. Andy
Stewy e2
7 101 2 England
25 Jan 2013 12:02PM
I received an email saying I had won a copy, but when I follow the link, the only copy I can download is a 60 day trial version. Downloaded it anyway but I can't activate it without a licence code. Am I doing something wrong here??
RogBrown 7 3.0k 10 England
25 Jan 2013 12:12PM
You should have received an activation code in the email from epz telling you how to install it.
Scutter e2
7 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
25 Jan 2013 12:13PM
............................if you read the email from EPZ the activation code is there!Smile

oops beaten to it!
Stewy e2
7 101 2 England
25 Jan 2013 12:27PM
Muppet!!!

Read the email on my phone. Didnt scroll down far enough to see code, just pasted link into another email and sent it to pc!

Sorted now. Red face or what?!!!
scottishphototours 10 2.6k 2 Scotland
25 Jan 2013 12:37PM
Great Raw processing software, have used it for years and highly recommend it.

Good videos on the Capture One website too...
annaliese 10 421 1 United Kingdom
25 Jan 2013 2:30PM
Thanks Epz for the capture one download Smile
minar1 4 16 United Kingdom
25 Jan 2013 3:12PM
Adjustment are there on your email there are links to videos on phase one site.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.