Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Phase One Capture One Express 6.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

JJGEE
JJGEE  96319 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2013 - 11:05 AM

Quote: I find that perhaps the most difficult element of Lightroom and it would be nice to have some ready-made presets.

Lightroom does have some ready made presets both global and local and there are many websites, like Lightroom Killer Tips, where you can download even more Wink

Global - just a selection, there are more
p1.jpg

Local
p2.jpg

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Jan 2013 - 11:05 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Newdevonian
25 Jan 2013 - 11:11 AM

Quote: Ah right yes I'm using Windows 7. This page explains all the aspects of 32 vs 64-bit differences, including how you tell what you're on using XP. Yes it is to do with your computer's processing

I tried to load mine, not on my mac, but XP - SP3 loaded PC. It downright refused to load, saying it was not XP compatible.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96319 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2013 - 11:16 AM

Oh, and Lightroom does also have limited Tone Curve presets.
I often flick through these as a starting point to give me a clue as to what might need looking at ! !

p3.jpg

Last Modified By JJGEE at 25 Jan 2013 - 11:17 AM
cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104025 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2013 - 11:37 AM

Quote: Oh, and Lightroom does also have limited Tone Curve presets.
I often flick through these as a starting point to give me a clue as to what might need looking at ! !

many thanks...I knew about all the general presets, have quite a few loaded but hadn't noticed the tone curve ones...Got them now GrinGrin

User_Removed
25 Jan 2013 - 2:41 PM

Quote: I have just won that as well. Thank you ephotozine

Every ePz user who clicked the button "won" one! (I don't think the 10,000 limit that ePz had to "give away" was reached.)

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 25 Jan 2013 - 3:45 PM
User_Removed
25 Jan 2013 - 2:45 PM

Quote: Well have to disagree I'm afraid.

Nothing wrong with that.

This ePz chat-room would be an exceedingly boring place if we all agreed all the time (or even some of the time).

But just remember that I'm right!

Wink

strawman
strawman  1022010 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2013 - 3:43 PM

What button was that? I entered the competition but so far no offer of a free C1 licence.

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72306 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2013 - 4:01 PM

Something I was prompted to do, having d/loaded and installed C1,
and upon opening C1, was to d/load and install dotNetFx40_Full-setup, from Microsoft website, which I was automatically re-directed to.
I'm running win7 64bit.

Set up was a doddle.
I've used C1 in the past, but stopped using it in favour of ACR.

GiovanniGucci
26 Jan 2013 - 1:24 PM

Yes, I won one as well (though it sounded everyone who entered it would get one copy), thank you, ePhonozine!!

It is a full version and not a trial version, correct?

Hope this thread will generate a lot more comments on this software.

Seems like convenience is the basic key to me.

Thanks again.

LesleyJ
LesleyJ  7144 forum posts England
29 Jan 2013 - 1:18 PM

I won too but managed to loose all my emails (including the one with the product when) when my pc had to go back to factory settings at the weekend. So glad I back up my photos though.

Wonder if they can resend the email to me.

John_Frid
John_Frid  8514 forum posts United Kingdom56 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 6:14 PM

I doubt that most photographers will notice much difference in the raw processing abilities of C1 and LR4. Both are very capable and for most of us either will serve us well.

For those photographers that produce work that demands the most subtle of processing may find a preference for one or the other. They may also find that different images work better with different processors.

In the final analysis the choice of which one you use will probably come down, in most cases, to which one you feel most comfortable using. When quality is similar, the user is likely to chose the one that feels most intuitive to use. This will probably be the case even if the preferred processor delivers a slightly less polished result. As the end result drifts further away from what is "good enough" (as defined by the user), then so they become more inclined to try another processor, even if it means a steep learning curve.

If you already have LR4 and are happy with both the results and ease of use, then C1 probably wont make much of a difference, but if you have won it then I would certainly urge that you download it and give it a try - you never know you may really like it.

Thank you ePZ for my copy of CP1 - I am giving it a try.

vickylou
vickylou  327 forum posts United Kingdom
4 Jun 2013 - 6:35 PM

6 months on how ate you finding this software? For free it offers me more than canon DPP and is intuitive to use. I have not been able to afford Lightroom at the moment so cannot compare it. Not many things in this life are free Grin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.