Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photo Books

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 103956 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Oct 2012 - 3:33 PM

Any suggestions for photo books?

Have tended to use Blurb in the past and have just been trying to combine it with Lightroom 4 and find it's a nightmare to get to work without a lot of manual intervention.

Nothing special. just holiday photos, but I like to have them in book format Smile

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Oct 2012 - 3:33 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tricia
    Tricia e2 Member 8325 forum postsTricia vcard Ireland
    3 Oct 2012 - 3:43 PM

Milkbooks, Albelli and Pixum are all great depending on what you want and what you want to spend.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 103956 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Oct 2012 - 3:45 PM

thanks, Tricia...will have a look Smile

SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 53989 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Oct 2012 - 3:50 PM

I won an Albelli book in the Christmas draw and I was very pleased with it. It's so easy to use and I'm in the process of making up another one.

WhiteRose1
    WhiteRose1 e2 Member 4966 forum postsWhiteRose1 vcard England129 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Oct 2012 - 4:09 PM

I've been using myphotobook.co.uk, no problems, easy to use but haven't got anything to compare it to though.

cats_123
    3 Oct 2012 - 4:22 PM

Quote: I won an Albelli book in the Christmas draw and I was very pleased with it. It's so easy to use and I'm in the process of making up another one.

just playing with albelli and it looks quite straightforward Smile

Quote: I've been using myphotobook.co.uk, no problems, easy to use but haven't got anything to compare it to though.

thanks Smile

Last Modified By cats_123 at 3 Oct 2012 - 4:23 PM
    StuartAt
    StuartAt e2 Member 91029 forum postsStuartAt vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Oct 2012 - 5:11 PM

Received a book from Albelli about a week ago, having previously put one together in Lightroom through Blurb. I think the final product from Blurb was marginally superior (there were slightly more choices in the final finish for example) but I'm very happy with the Albelli album, which was also cheaper than the Blurb equivalent.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    cats_123
    3 Oct 2012 - 5:22 PM

Quote: Received a book from Albelli about a week ago, having previously put one together in Lightroom through Blurb. I think the final product from Blurb was marginally superior (there were slightly more choices in the final finish for example) but I'm very happy with the Albelli album, which was also cheaper than the Blurb equivalent.

thanks, Stuart.. that's useful to know.

I think I'm settled on Albelli this time, will feedback afterwards Smile

cats_123
    17 Oct 2012 - 2:35 PM

just to update...got my Albelli book back recently...very pleased with the quality of both paper and layout. Went for the soft backed landscape format this time as it was only a short trip.

The software was easy to manage, albeit not quite as many options as there are with Blurb, but still pleased with the outcome. Smile

NEWMANP
    NEWMANP e2 Member 61581 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom572 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Oct 2012 - 4:00 PM

i was looking at albelli last night but how do you estimate a suitable number of images to use . i think it was the large landscape i was looking out, did it have 23 pages or similar. never had a play with one of these before and i dont want to bodge it.

i was looking to to do the first year of my grandson and need to to space the months out pretty much.

SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 53989 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Oct 2012 - 4:15 PM

You can choose how many pages to use in Albelli. Just add more if you need more, or delete any spare pages if you don't want them.

cats_123
    17 Oct 2012 - 4:20 PM

I bought one of the softcover landscape Medium size. Using 48 images it cost 23 (including postage)

Last Modified By cats_123 at 17 Oct 2012 - 4:21 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.