Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

  • NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here


Photo Books


cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
3 Oct 2012 3:33PM
Any suggestions for photo books?

Have tended to use Blurb in the past and have just been trying to combine it with Lightroom 4 and find it's a nightmare to get to work without a lot of manual intervention.

Nothing special. just holiday photos, but I like to have them in book format Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tricia e2
9 325 Ireland
3 Oct 2012 3:43PM
Milkbooks , Albelli and Pixum are all great depending on what you want and what you want to spend.
cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
3 Oct 2012 3:45PM
thanks, Tricia...will have a look Smile
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
3 Oct 2012 3:50PM
I won an Albelli book in the Christmas draw and I was very pleased with it. It's so easy to use and I'm in the process of making up another one.
WhiteRose1 e2
4 1.1k 137 England
3 Oct 2012 4:09PM
I've been using myphotobook.co.uk, no problems, easy to use but haven't got anything to compare it to though.
cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
3 Oct 2012 4:22PM

Quote:I won an Albelli book in the Christmas draw and I was very pleased with it. It's so easy to use and I'm in the process of making up another one.
just playing with albelli and it looks quite straightforward Smile


Quote:I've been using myphotobook.co.uk, no problems, easy to use but haven't got anything to compare it to though.
thanks Smile
StuartAt e2
10 1.0k 6 England
3 Oct 2012 5:11PM
Received a book from Albelli about a week ago, having previously put one together in Lightroom through Blurb. I think the final product from Blurb was marginally superior (there were slightly more choices in the final finish for example) but I'm very happy with the Albelli album, which was also cheaper than the Blurb equivalent.
cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
3 Oct 2012 5:22PM

Quote:Received a book from Albelli about a week ago, having previously put one together in Lightroom through Blurb. I think the final product from Blurb was marginally superior (there were slightly more choices in the final finish for example) but I'm very happy with the Albelli album, which was also cheaper than the Blurb equivalent.
thanks, Stuart.. that's useful to know.

I think I'm settled on Albelli this time, will feedback afterwards Smile
cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
17 Oct 2012 2:35PM
just to update...got my Albelli book back recently...very pleased with the quality of both paper and layout. Went for the soft backed landscape format this time as it was only a short trip.

The software was easy to manage, albeit not quite as many options as there are with Blurb, but still pleased with the outcome. Smile
NEWMANP e2
6 1.6k 574 United Kingdom
17 Oct 2012 4:00PM
i was looking at albelli last night but how do you estimate a suitable number of images to use . i think it was the large landscape i was looking out, did it have 23 pages or similar. never had a play with one of these before and i dont want to bodge it.

i was looking to to do the first year of my grandson and need to to space the months out pretty much.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
17 Oct 2012 4:15PM
You can choose how many pages to use in Albelli. Just add more if you need more, or delete any spare pages if you don't want them.
cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
17 Oct 2012 4:20PM
I bought one of the softcover landscape Medium size. Using 48 images it cost 23 (including postage)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.