Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photo box photobooks

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Mike_Smith
Mike_Smith e2 Member 7121 forum postsMike_Smith vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
5 Dec 2012 - 1:20 PM

Has anyone bought a photo book from photo box recently I recieved mine yesterday and I was very dissapointed. The text I had entered had been printed on the photos, the picture quality was rubbish also I had chose a book with a baby format which puts hearts and other things around the pictures that had only happened on two pages all the others the backgrounds were plain white. I had made a montage in photoshop and used this on one of the pages only to find they had cropped it. I won't be using them again

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Dec 2012 - 1:20 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MrDennis
MrDennis  5226 forum posts Wales
5 Dec 2012 - 2:09 PM

I prefer to use "Blurb"..Have had 4 7x7" wedding books done + 7 12x12 Wedding books on their normal paper as that is printed in Holland when ordering from UK. If you choose the other papers it gets printed in USA. I prefer mine (so do the Brides) to be printed in Holland. EXCELLENT. going to do my own books after Xmas..One on my Portraits the other on my Nature shots.
Only quibble I have is they do not print lay flat books.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with your book.

Send yours back ASP.
Good Luick

User_Removed
5 Dec 2012 - 2:28 PM

Haven't heard of Photobox but I have used both Lulu.com and Blurb.com for coffee-table photobooks and both have been absolutely fine quality-wise.

RWPhotoGraphix

I have just sent an order for two books to photo box, hopefully will look ok but after reading your comment a little worried Sad

Spencer1966
5 Dec 2012 - 3:56 PM

you get what you pay for I guess - I would only consider Loxley, Colourworld, Sim2000 and others of this kind. Ive had yophoto, bobs books etc and always been dissapointed.

teepee
teepee  11650 forum posts England
5 Dec 2012 - 4:01 PM

had several books from photobox excellent quality, would defo use again..............

snapbandit
snapbandit  102205 forum posts Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
5 Dec 2012 - 4:05 PM

I have to say I got a photobox book done (photos of my eldest daughter from birth until this year, for her 21st birthday) and can't complain about it (wouldn't call it exhibition quality but neither was it 'bad' quality) and the layout was exactly as I had set up on the web template., but they were almost all 'family snaps' so the ultimate quality was not so crucial to me.

Joe B

saxon_image
5 Dec 2012 - 5:04 PM

I've used PhotoBox and found their book quality fine in the past though these days I tend to use Albelli - fast efficient service and very acceptable quality. With both suppliers I've used their own templates - Albelli does seem to give the most flexibility.

ourdayphotos
5 Dec 2012 - 6:14 PM

I use photobox albums for wedding pics, never had any problems whatsoever & delivery time is fantastic.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96284 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
5 Dec 2012 - 6:32 PM

Quote: I prefer mine (so do the Brides) to be printed in Holland

I find it odd that Brides are bothered where the books are printed.

bppowell
bppowell  122125 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
5 Dec 2012 - 9:51 PM

I have found that if you contact Photobox and tell them you are unhappy with the service they have gone out of their way to put it right.

Barry

Mike_Smith
Mike_Smith e2 Member 7121 forum postsMike_Smith vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
5 Dec 2012 - 9:56 PM

I sent them a e mail yesterday outlining the problems ill let you know the outcome of that

collywobles
6 Dec 2012 - 9:14 AM

Use Photobox all the time and had no problems with a recent A3 album I ordered.

I have had minor problems in the past but the one thing I will say that when there is a problem Photobox bend over backwards to resolve it quickly.

PhotoBox_CS
6 Dec 2012 - 10:16 AM

Dear Mike_Smith

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with us at Photobox and I would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your unfortunate experience with your recent order. We always appreciate comments from our customers so we can serve you better. Our Customer experience team will personally look into the issues you have had with your order.We value our customers greatly so our dedicated customer experience team would like to hear from you with further details. If you can email them at makegood@photobox.com all your details and your order reference number we will look into this for you.We look forward to hearing from you. All the best

PhotoBox Team

Mike_Smith
6 Dec 2012 - 6:05 PM

Right to be fair to Photobox they have sorted out my problem straight away by crediting my account with the 26 .49 i had spent on the photobook. So now i need to look again and decide what to buy with it, i think ill buy some different products ill see, so thankyou to Photobox

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.