Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photo box photobooks

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Railcam
Railcam  7466 forum posts Scotland
7 Dec 2012 - 11:56 AM

I do not think refunding your money is "sorting your problem". They have got rid of the problem but you still do not have the book you wanted.

Sounds more like a "cop out" by Photobox.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Dec 2012 - 11:56 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

779HOB
779HOB  21018 forum posts United Kingdom
7 Dec 2012 - 12:09 PM

I think they should refund and reprint for free.

snapbandit
snapbandit  102205 forum posts Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
7 Dec 2012 - 12:30 PM

I would imagine it may depend on what the OP requested (i.e. did they ask for a reprint of the book?) when they contacted photobox, on one of the very few occasions I have had to contact them about a problem, they reprinted my order and sent me a 'credit' as a good will gesture.

Joe B

Mike_Smith
Mike_Smith e2 Member 7121 forum postsMike_Smith vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
11 Dec 2012 - 1:30 PM

Yes i agree with you on a refund and reprint 100% but i think that will be like trying to get blood out of a stone. And yes the refund was not to me but a credit on photobox's website, i didnt spend it on another photobook due to the quality of the first one, instead i ordered some other photography products.
Im still disapointed because i had religously took a few pictures of my grandson from birth shots and then every month up to his first birthday, with the end product been a nice photobook of the first twelve months of his life to give my daughter at christmas. Which now isn't going to happen because the photobook in my opinion isnt good enough to give her. so in that respect your right Railcam, and Focused, they arn't really giving me any good will gesture at all even though they know it was for a christmas present and its getting a bit late now as in delivery to order elsewhere

PhotoBox_CS
11 Dec 2012 - 2:33 PM

Dear Mike,

Can you please email me all the details and your order reference number to makegood@photobox.com and we will do our best to help.

Thanks

PhotoBox Team

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
CanonMan
CanonMan e2 Member 12480 forum postsCanonMan vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
11 Dec 2012 - 3:11 PM

I've had several Photobox photo books in the past. I have had one that was not right. I contacted customer services, e-mailed them an image of the cover that was not right and they printed up and sent out another one pretty much straight away. From personal experience, they are one of the better comapnies to deal with. I just wish they could lower their prices so that I could afford to have more done.

Last Modified By CanonMan at 11 Dec 2012 - 3:12 PM
Mike_Smith
Mike_Smith e2 Member 7121 forum postsMike_Smith vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
11 Dec 2012 - 8:08 PM

Right i have now re made the photobook in question and sent it to Photobox who have now very kindly reprinted the book for free and also given me a refund to spend on their site. Now that is the real deal as David Dickinson says. Thankyou to everyone at photobox and a merry Christmas to you.
Also thankyou and merry Christmas to everyone who replied to this forum post.

collywobles
12 Dec 2012 - 8:56 AM

Yes, this is no surprise to me, from my experience, once Photobox are made aware of any problems they are very quick to rectify them. Their customer service is outstanding.

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104009 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
29 Dec 2012 - 6:51 PM

just to give credit where it's due...just received my A4 book (26 pages) from photobox...very impressed with the quality and speed of process. I have a voucher to use when I get back from New Zealand in February so looking forward to using them again. SmileSmile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.