Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Photo locations

rhys47 e2
6 3 2 United Kingdom
29 Jul 2012 4:28PM
I am off to Scotland in two weeks, or more specifically Grantown-on-spey near the Cairngorms. I was wondering if any body had any experience landscape photography in the area or any location suggestions. I was hoping to do some landscape photography so any help or ideas would be gratefully received.
many thanks in advance Rhys47

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

29 Jul 2012 5:16PM
If your looking for seascapes then try Findhorn or just up the coast you have Lossiemouth which has great beaches and a lighthouse. Depending which was you head up there then Glencoe is a good spot to stop off, have a look for the King's House Hotel just off the A82 a nice pint and good food. Once you find that which is on your right then take the next left and drive down to the small car park then cross the rd on foot to the waterfalls.
Hope that helpsSmile
Chris.
rhys47 e2
6 3 2 United Kingdom
29 Jul 2012 6:11PM
Thanks very much Chris it's really nice to have some feed back from someone who has been there. Smile
29 Jul 2012 7:17PM
NP...If you stop at the King's House Hotel go around to the back were the walkers bar is...well worth a visit. If your planning on driving out a bit you have Pitlochry just down the A9 or there is loads of places on Skye. Skye in it's self is worth a visit if you haven't been before.
29 Jul 2012 7:17PM
Can't help with locations really as landscapes aren't my bag but can tell you it's a fantastic area around there with some dramatic scenery all around. We stayed at the Grantown Arms at Easter this year - give me a shout if you need any info on that hotel! Have a great time. Lou
rhys47 e2
6 3 2 United Kingdom
29 Jul 2012 7:24PM
Thanks Lou Grin
29 Jul 2012 9:47PM
try opening the web site The lazy photographers guide 08 - western scotland
most of the locations are less han half a mile from the road acces
it also gives a brief descrption of the places mentioned

the whole series of these i have found to be helpfull

hope this helps

David (dlp)
29 Jul 2012 10:01PM

Quote:Try opening the web site The lazy photographers guide 08 - western scotland

and here's the link - http://www.f22.org.uk/Articles/LazyPhotographer/LazyPhotographer08-W-Scotland.htm - straight from the horse's mouth.
Thanks for the plug, David.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.