Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photo Locations and Glossary improvements

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Oct 2006 - 7:19 PM

Sorry the blue thread came first. I've not had chance to welcome Conrad and Chris to the team as the first of our newly appointed section editors. Both are here to create a better place for you to find useful material.

Chris has done a fantastic job of geo tagging every current article uploaded in the Photo Locations section. Now when you look at the section you will see a Google map and will find the location with a pin on the map.
    Tom has worked hard to develop this area and set it up so all the articles appear correctly placed, using Chris' tags.

We hope you enjoy the new search feature and find new places to photograph. Also we hope you will start to submit places you've been, with details about the location, how to get there, what to photograph when you're there etc.
    It's up to you guys to make it work and Chris will be encouraging this in his new role.

Conrad is looking after the glossary and will be working his way through each letter of the alphabet making sure all the descriptions are accurate, while adding new ones to help you understand the photographic terminology. There's no excuse to get baffled now Conrad is in the hot chair. Please take time to browse through and suggest any words that should be added and any that could be explained better.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Oct 2006 - 7:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Boyd
    Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Oct 2006 - 7:23 PM

Quote: will be working his way through each letter of the alphabet making sure all the descriptions are accurate, while adding new ones

Oh heck, not more letters of the alphabet. I've only just learnt the old ones.
    ;o)

Well done all. I'm sure your efforts and endeavours will be rewarded in the ePz afterlife...or possibly with an ePz badge.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Oct 2006 - 7:28 PM

Well as Conrad is bilingual he can teach us some Dutch letters. Smile

conrad
    conrad e2 Member 910870 forum postsconrad vcard 116 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Oct 2006 - 7:28 PM

Quote: endeavours will be rewarded in the ePz afterlife

That might be a bit late. And I'm hoping that I also won't have to wait for suggested additions either. Wink

Conrad

Boyd
    5 Oct 2006 - 7:29 PM

Quote: he can teach us some Dutch letters

Is that like a French letter...just a little thicker?
    ;o)

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013936 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Oct 2006 - 7:32 PM

Quote: endeavours will be rewarded in the ePz afterlife.

No its better than that. Pete says we get use of the company Yacht at weekends and we both get on of the standard company Mercs.

conrad
    conrad e2 Member 910870 forum postsconrad vcard 116 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Oct 2006 - 7:33 PM

Quote: Is that like a French letter

French? Well, we do use the same accents they do. All Napoleon's fault. He just had to invade us, didn't he. All that French. No wonder there's a term like "double Dutch"!

;-D

Boyd
    5 Oct 2006 - 7:34 PM

you may well get use of the yacht and mercs but Pete still gets to hold the radio control for them.

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013936 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Oct 2006 - 7:35 PM

Quote:
    Conrad .. will be working his way through each letter of the alphabet making sure all the descriptions are accurate, while adding new ones to help you understand the photographic terminology

Blimey and I though geotagging was tedious!

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Oct 2006 - 7:36 PM

Quote: You may well get use of the yacht and mercs but Pete still gets to hold the radio control for them.

ROTFL!! Grin

cult
    cult  975 forum posts United Kingdom
    7 Oct 2006 - 6:00 PM

Congratulations Both of them!!

Well deserved and I am sure you will do the site proud!!

All the best

Lee

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Oct 2006 - 6:07 PM

Chris is doing a grand job of sorting out the Photo Locations section. And we've already had a few new ones submitted.

It's a good opportunity for those who can write a pictorial piece about an area they've visited to get a link to their web site too. But the main reason is to create a huge database of locations to visit so everyone can benefit.

With the new Geo tagged maps that tom's added you can see exactly where the location is.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.