Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Photo Locations and Glossary improvements

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
5 Oct 2006 7:19PM
Sorry the blue thread came first. I've not had chance to welcome Conrad and Chris to the team as the first of our newly appointed section editors. Both are here to create a better place for you to find useful material.

Chris has done a fantastic job of geo tagging every current article uploaded in the Photo Locations section. Now when you look at the section you will see a Google map and will find the location with a pin on the map.
Tom has worked hard to develop this area and set it up so all the articles appear correctly placed, using Chris' tags.

We hope you enjoy the new search feature and find new places to photograph. Also we hope you will start to submit places you've been, with details about the location, how to get there, what to photograph when you're there etc.
It's up to you guys to make it work and Chris will be encouraging this in his new role.

Conrad is looking after the glossary and will be working his way through each letter of the alphabet making sure all the descriptions are accurate, while adding new ones to help you understand the photographic terminology. There's no excuse to get baffled now Conrad is in the hot chair. Please take time to browse through and suggest any words that should be added and any that could be explained better.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Boyd e2
11 11.2k 11 Wales
5 Oct 2006 7:23PM

Quote:will be working his way through each letter of the alphabet making sure all the descriptions are accurate, while adding new ones

Oh heck, not more letters of the alphabet. I've only just learnt the old ones.
;o)

Well done all. I'm sure your efforts and endeavours will be rewarded in the ePz afterlife...or possibly with an ePz badge.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
5 Oct 2006 7:28PM
Well as Conrad is bilingual he can teach us some Dutch letters. Smile
conrad e2
10 10.9k 116
5 Oct 2006 7:28PM

Quote:endeavours will be rewarded in the ePz afterlife

That might be a bit late. And I'm hoping that I also won't have to wait for suggested additions either. Wink

Conrad
Boyd e2
11 11.2k 11 Wales
5 Oct 2006 7:29PM

Quote:he can teach us some Dutch letters

Is that like a French letter...just a little thicker?
;o)
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
5 Oct 2006 7:32PM

Quote:endeavours will be rewarded in the ePz afterlife.

No its better than that. Pete says we get use of the company Yacht at weekends and we both get on of the standard company Mercs.
conrad e2
10 10.9k 116
5 Oct 2006 7:33PM

Quote:Is that like a French letter

French? Well, we do use the same accents they do. All Napoleon's fault. He just had to invade us, didn't he. All that French. No wonder there's a term like "double Dutch"!

;-D
Boyd e2
11 11.2k 11 Wales
5 Oct 2006 7:34PM
you may well get use of the yacht and mercs but Pete still gets to hold the radio control for them.
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
5 Oct 2006 7:35PM

Quote:
Conrad .. will be working his way through each letter of the alphabet making sure all the descriptions are accurate, while adding new ones to help you understand the photographic terminology

Blimey and I though geotagging was tedious!
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
5 Oct 2006 7:36PM

Quote:You may well get use of the yacht and mercs but Pete still gets to hold the radio control for them.

ROTFL!! Grin
cult e2
10 75 United Kingdom
7 Oct 2006 6:00PM
Congratulations Both of them!!

Well deserved and I am sure you will do the site proud!!

All the best

Lee
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
7 Oct 2006 6:07PM
Chris is doing a grand job of sorting out the Photo Locations section. And we've already had a few new ones submitted.

It's a good opportunity for those who can write a pictorial piece about an area they've visited to get a link to their web site too. But the main reason is to create a huge database of locations to visit so everyone can benefit.

With the new Geo tagged maps that tom's added you can see exactly where the location is.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.