Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Photo Locations around Landsend

AngieLatham 10 789 2 United Kingdom
29 May 2009 9:20PM
Hi everyone Smile

Me and Dougie are off to the south west tip of Cornwall for a week next Saturday. It's the first time I will have been there as a photographer (rather than an ancient site roaming hippie!) and first time for Dougie full stop.....

So, anyone got any recomendations for locations? We are based near St Just and want to do a lot of coastal and beach photography, but any woods and streams etc would be good too. I know all the iconic locations like St Micheals Mount / Lands End / Minac etc, but any suggestions along the costal paths or secret coves?

Any suggestions welcome Smile

Thanks

Angie*

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JamesBurns 6 1.3k 7
29 May 2009 9:56PM
Watching this with interest... Me, Mr McFade & Mr Wagster are all headed for Newquay on Sunday, and we'd like to despoil any decent areas before you get to them Wink
bppowell 12 2.1k 2 England
29 May 2009 10:04PM
There is a nice lillte cove in St Just, I think it called Porth Nanvin.

This bloke has some really good shots from there.

Barry
Take-a-View 10 293 5 United Kingdom
29 May 2009 11:49PM
There's Rocky Valley near Tintagel - great walk and good scenery

Mousehole - goes without saying as a must

Lizard Point and Kynance Cove

The list is endless
bppowell 12 2.1k 2 England
30 May 2009 9:34AM
I see my link did not work, just google Porth Nanvin a few will turn up. It seems to be very popular with photographers.

Barry
Milvus 7 168 2 United Kingdom
31 May 2009 9:33AM
Barry has given a great recommendation ( it's actually spelt Nanven). Amazing place.
31 May 2009 10:02AM
Thanks for that Barry, I have found the guys website and its very handy for location ideas.Smile

Any other sunset locations that are good for foreground rocks and pebbles etc?
rowarrior 6 4.4k 9 Scotland
31 May 2009 11:04AM
But Angie, remember, you don't need the beach or whatever to come armed with rocks and pebbles, you can take your own Wink
Paul_Barr 10 544 Scotland
31 May 2009 2:19PM
Cape Cornwall is a cracking spot Angie. It is just up from Lands End and has a National Trust car park. The rocks in the cove are amazing.

It is right next door to St Just too.

Paul
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
31 May 2009 3:09PM

Quote:But Angie, remember, you don't need the beach or whatever to come armed with rocks and pebbles, you can take your own

Just visit the Merry Maidens, just of the B3315 between Newlyn and Lands End, its not a boozer Smile but a lovely stone circle

Guess its right up your street Smile
31 May 2009 7:12PM
lol Paul....I know the Merry Maidens very well....as I said its my first time as a photographer, but I have spent many nights drumming and didging under the moon at those stones (after a few down at the Lamorna Wink ofcourse) Tongue

I know all the sacred sites, but not really up on coves and coastal walks that give the best oppotunities for landscapes and seascapes. I am looking for great rocks and pebbles and any good spots for wild flowers along the cliffs too .

We are just by Cape Cornwall Git, so thanks for the tip....will definatly check it out ....hope you and the family are well by the way, seems an awfull long time since we last went photographing as a group Sad I'm sure November will come round soon enough though! Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.