Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photo Locations around Landsend

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    AngieLatham
    29 May 2009 - 9:20 PM

Hi everyone Smile

Me and Dougie are off to the south west tip of Cornwall for a week next Saturday. It's the first time I will have been there as a photographer (rather than an ancient site roaming hippie!) and first time for Dougie full stop.....

So, anyone got any recomendations for locations? We are based near St Just and want to do a lot of coastal and beach photography, but any woods and streams etc would be good too. I know all the iconic locations like St Micheals Mount / Lands End / Minac etc, but any suggestions along the costal paths or secret coves?

Any suggestions welcome Smile

Thanks

Angie*

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 May 2009 - 9:20 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JamesBurns
    29 May 2009 - 9:56 PM

Watching this with interest... Me, Mr McFade & Mr Wagster are all headed for Newquay on Sunday, and we'd like to despoil any decent areas before you get to them Wink

bppowell
    bppowell  122124 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    29 May 2009 - 10:04 PM

There is a nice lillte cove in St Just, I think it called Porth Nanvin.

This bloke has some really good shots from there.

Barry

Take-a-View
    29 May 2009 - 11:49 PM

There's Rocky Valley near Tintagel - great walk and good scenery

Mousehole - goes without saying as a must

Lizard Point and Kynance Cove

The list is endless

bppowell
    bppowell  122124 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    30 May 2009 - 9:34 AM

I see my link did not work, just google Porth Nanvin a few will turn up. It seems to be very popular with photographers.

Barry

Milvus
    Milvus  7168 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    31 May 2009 - 9:33 AM

Barry has given a great recommendation ( it's actually spelt Nanven). Amazing place.

AngieLatham
    31 May 2009 - 10:02 AM

Thanks for that Barry, I have found the guys website and its very handy for location ideas.Smile

Any other sunset locations that are good for foreground rocks and pebbles etc?

rowarrior
    rowarrior  64350 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
    31 May 2009 - 11:04 AM

But Angie, remember, you don't need the beach or whatever to come armed with rocks and pebbles, you can take your own Wink

Last Modified By rowarrior at 31 May 2009 - 11:04 AM
    Paul_Barr
    Paul_Barr  9544 forum posts Scotland
    31 May 2009 - 2:19 PM

Cape Cornwall is a cracking spot Angie. It is just up from Lands End and has a National Trust car park. The rocks in the cove are amazing.

It is right next door to St Just too.

Paul

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314927 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    31 May 2009 - 3:09 PM

Quote: But Angie, remember, you don't need the beach or whatever to come armed with rocks and pebbles, you can take your own

Just visit the Merry Maidens, just of the B3315 between Newlyn and Lands End, its not a boozer Smile but a lovely stone circle

Guess its right up your street Smile

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 31 May 2009 - 3:18 PM
    AngieLatham
    31 May 2009 - 7:12 PM

lol Paul....I know the Merry Maidens very well....as I said its my first time as a photographer, but I have spent many nights drumming and didging under the moon at those stones (after a few down at the Lamorna Wink ofcourse) Tongue

I know all the sacred sites, but not really up on coves and coastal walks that give the best oppotunities for landscapes and seascapes. I am looking for great rocks and pebbles and any good spots for wild flowers along the cliffs too .

We are just by Cape Cornwall Git, so thanks for the tip....will definatly check it out ....hope you and the family are well by the way, seems an awfull long time since we last went photographing as a group Sad I'm sure November will come round soon enough though! Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.