Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photo Month Comp

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ChrisJP
    ChrisJP  6750 forum posts Wales
    23 Apr 2013 - 11:42 AM

Is it me being very suspicious or are the prizes just shared amongst the same names/images.
    I thought I had a chance of winning but I'm fed up of having pixels kicked in my face by the big boys and girls.
    Ok I give up it's all yours, I'm off.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    23 Apr 2013 - 11:42 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 104023 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Apr 2013 - 11:59 AM

Who knows? I never see who has won anyway Sad

saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 43913 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Apr 2013 - 12:01 PM

Sour grapes?Wink

If you want to know more about how the choices are made, or who judges, then raise a report FAO Editorial Team and they will give you more insight.Wink

Malc

Last Modified By saltireblue at 23 Apr 2013 - 12:02 PM
    GarethRobinson
    GarethRobinson e2 Member 8991 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Apr 2013 - 12:01 PM

I just enter images if they win something thats fine if they don't well at least I tried, but I ain't going to cry about. But I will send Pete or who ever picks the winners a parcel of **** in the post if I dont win soon..lol

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 23 Apr 2013 - 12:03 PM
    Eastlands
    Eastlands e2 Member 3649 forum postsEastlands vcard Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Apr 2013 - 12:14 PM

At the end of the day the most important thing about my photography is that I enjoy it, if others like it or I win anything then that is a bonus but I never throw the toys ou.t of the pram if my great image doesn't win and I always welcome constructive criticism

franken
    franken e2 Member 123125 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Apr 2013 - 12:42 PM

I've been entering this since the days before prizes were offered.

It's all about the fun in finding something to fit the theme on a daily basis that's the challenge for me.

Yes, I've won it once and been short listed several times and a prize is nice but I'd continue doing it if there were no prizes to be honest.

Ken

llareggub
    llareggub  4696 forum posts United Kingdom
    23 Apr 2013 - 1:49 PM

I have no problem with winning or loosing although I do notice a definite trend and style that is favoured by the judges, but that's just human nature... If you want to win then shoot stuff in a style that is favoured on a regular basis and your chances will increase, I'll keep on taking photographs that make me smile and if by chance the judges like them I may even smile a little more Smile

crookymonsta
    crookymonsta e2 Member 6697 forum postscrookymonsta vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Apr 2013 - 4:14 PM

I find it fun to see if I have anything which fits the theme. I thought I was rather a one trick pony (flowers) but am surprised that more recently I can often find something to put in. It has encouraged me to try different things so I very much appreciate the huge variety of themes on offer. That alone is a win as far as I am concerned.Grin

Last Modified By crookymonsta at 23 Apr 2013 - 4:14 PM
    sandwedge
    sandwedge  8745 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Apr 2013 - 7:04 PM

All my pictures are far better than any of those that win !!!! But do I care ? No...its all about enjoyment of taking, editing and showing Smile

Ade_Osman
    Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Apr 2013 - 7:20 PM

Last months 'Spring' competition winners were:

1st place - rajkn

2nd place - bramleyav

3rd place - wricha1407

I haven't heard of any of them before, so it seems the O/P argument is a little dead in the water already IMHO. Tongue

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.