Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Photo printers without PC?

29 Mar 2005 9:58AM
Hiya. My mum's looking for a photo printer, but she doesn't have a PC. She just wants a record of things, nothing fancy. Obviously she'd need to be able to plug a memory card straight in - I think she uses SD cards. I looked about quickly but really can't find anythikng! Any advice on this? I've also done a forum search but found nothing...

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

gma e2
12 166 United Kingdom
29 Mar 2005 10:22AM
Phil, there are a few printers on the market that don't need a PC. One example by Epson available from epz shop shown here;(select printers, then Epson from Index on left, as I cant link direct to printers) Picturemate (Other manufacturers also available)
dougv e2
10 8.4k 3 England
29 Mar 2005 10:25AM
I hear These are quite good.
29 Mar 2005 12:23PM
They'd better be for that price Doug!

Cheers GMA, I took a look at the EPZ site earlier (suspiciously reminding me of Warehouse Express!), but on the front page obviously only saw cameras and stuff... Actually looking through in a detailed manner this time, I saw what you were talking about. Cheers, the Epson ones look just right!
dougv e2
10 8.4k 3 England
29 Mar 2005 1:19PM
ePz shop IS Warehouse Express!
I didn't think the Hi Touch was that bad at 129, but the epson one is only 99 instead of the usual 149.

If you buy through the shop link on the site ePz get some commission from the sale.

Doug
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
29 Mar 2005 1:28PM
I've edited GMA's link so it goes to the right place. If anyone else want's to help us with links to products in forums here's a tip. Because of the way the ePHOTOzineshop.com (warehouseexpress) site is built you have to right click on the item that the link leads to and select "copy shortcut" from the menu that pops up. When this is then pasted into your link it will workSmile
dougv e2
10 8.4k 3 England
29 Mar 2005 1:32PM
I keep pointing people to the ePz shop Pete!
Just done the same with someone asking about a camera on another thread.
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
29 Mar 2005 1:37PM
seen it DougWink
gma e2
12 166 United Kingdom
29 Mar 2005 11:08PM
Thanks Pete. I knew it could be done, just couldn't fathom it out.
30 Mar 2005 1:28AM
Yeah I thought it was a whole commission thing going on there... To be fair, I buy a lot from Warehouse Express, so I'll just get it through this site in future!

Cheers for the help Pete :O)

Oh and I didn't see the 129 one Doug - just the ones that cost a few hundred dollars. My exchange rate head wasn't on last night...

Phil.
30 Mar 2005 12:26PM
Hi Phil

I Work for Brother Uk, we do a lot of photo printers that you can use with SD Cards that don't need to be connected to a pc, the cheapest, basic model is the DCP-110 which is about 100, its a colour copier and printer and the inks are cheap for it to, its not a bad printer, also if she ever gets any problems with it she can always phone our helpline (which i work on)and we will give her free advice over the phone even if its out of warranty, not like other companys that charge 1.50 a minute for help

Go to this link for more info on the printer

DCP-110

If you need any more help just let me know

Joanne

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.